Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tornadoes and Tickets and Trump Oh My!

It's almost Friday and I'm almost in love! Thursday, I do care about you - not really because you've always been one of my favorite nights for television. Now I am in a The Cure mood and am listening to their greatest hits thanks to Roz.
That's a lot more than a twister

There are only two things going on in the world it seems. Tornadoes are once again trying to wipe out the MIDDLEsouth and the MIDDLEeast of The United States and there is some sort of huge Hollywood royal wedding or something going on this coming weekend.

I look at the footage and photos of the devastation from yesterday's storms in the south on television and I am happy that I am in the MIDDLEwest. Not that we don't have storms here because we do have some doozies but most of us have basements which give us at least a greater chance of survival cowering in our gopher holes under ground. This past weekend Cha Cha and I drove up to Wisconsin to deliver some goods to be delivered by the USO to families of military personnel who were hit by the last round of tornadoes to hit North Carolina. Operation Oz might have to get the "troops" in gear again. I feel terrible when I see the destruction and am heartbroken at what these people have to face today. Cherish what you have every day because you never now when it can be snatched away.

I heard this morning that there is a chance that movies may soon be priced by supply and demand similar to the way concerts are priced. There is a movement to price the more popular movies higher than the stinkers. I have mixed feeling about this, of course. I have so many questions and concerns. Firstly, it's kind of a way to tell us which movies are going to be good without them really knowing that for certain. Will the stinkers start making more money because their attendance will be higher because the economy stinks and the cheaper movies may fit better into our budgets? Will the stinkers who all of a sudden are getting a lot of attendance see their prices rise? Will this effect the prices of movie rentals and pay-per-view... when films come out on Netflix and DVD? I like it because there is the chance that this may force studios to make good movies instead of all of the junk if they want to see greater profits.
Good thing I like bad movies


With the world in economic turmoil it's nice to see all of the opulence and excess that is going on in England. The Royal Family has always been a curiosity to me. They really have no say in the way the government is run; they are just famous for being spoiled and knowing that their lineage goes back to when their family ran the country hundreds of years ago. Pomp and circumstance. The big wedding is going on tomorrow at 3:00AM MIDDLEwest time. I don't begrudge Willie and Kate plus 8 (8,000,000,000 that is) any of the "fun." I bet they would just as soon have a nice quiet wedding. Maybe it's easier when you have hundreds of people doing all of the work for you though. I remember how special Cha Cha and my wedding was 23 years ago Saturday. They talk on the news how Kate wants to make sure William doesn't see the dress before the wedding so he will be surprised when he sees her. I remember the first time I saw Cha Cha at the back of the church in her wedding gown; it was one of the most beautiful visions I can remember seeing. I hope they have a nice and happy wedding because they both seem nice and happy and everyone should be nice and happy. Nice and happy!

I know I said that I wouldn't talk about Dirty Laundry as much except for days that we launch a new episode to iTunes which was yesterday (yes, it is available now). I am breaking that self-imposed ban for today because I have received the same question from three separate people on how to access the show if they do not have iTunes. So, here is a link that you can go to and download and/or listen to the show without starting an iTunes account. Dirty Laundry at Podomatic. Either just click that link there or the web address is http://dirtylaundry1.podomatic.com/. It is free to have an iTunes account though and you do not need to have an iPod or the like to listen to shows. You can just listen to them right on your computer rather than downloading the free podcasts if you want to.
My money is on Rosie. Gary Busey's is on Trump

My daily Trump news, sort of, concerns Rosie O'Donnell. As I think I reported here Rosie O'Donnell is taking over Harpo Studios after Oprah gets outta Dodge. That's good for the city of Chicago which seems to be losing quite a bit of revenue producing entities lately. Oprah's new network OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) booked Rosie a room at  Trump Chicago until she got her own digs. Rosie has since declined the offer to stay at Trump Chicago because of several negative comments reportedly aimed at gay and lesbian people made by Donald Trump. I don't care for Donald Trump because he is an arrogant, pompous jerk in my opinion. There was a time when I felt the same way about Rosie O'Donnell when she was on top and puffing out her chest. I have seen her on some other things since and I have changed my opinion of her. I hope she stays grounded like I think she is now and I will probably give her new show a chance. Rosie you can stay here though it is about an hour's drive to the studio. I will even be your driver if you agree to be on the podcast now and then.

I have so many more notes this time but I think I am already too long (bragger). I hope you have nice weather where you are. We have a break from the rain until this afternoon I think. Thanks for being here again today...blog you again tomorrow. TTTT...MITM (ewwwwwwt)

No comments:

Post a Comment