Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Am I Still in this World? I was Afraid of That!

No Whey! Whey!!!
Humpday in the MIDDLEwest and it's not raining. It's still extremely wet out there but nothing falling from the sky right now. It is under 40 degrees so if anything did fall it would probably be white and fluffy.

I just got back from doing something I haven't done in about a month; I donated plasma. I kinda figured it was stupid not to have my twice-a-week blood pressure, protein and MIDI-chlorian check-ups all the while making $50 bucks cash a week to read and listen to music. Today went off without a hitch. So, I got home just now and grabbed some of Jillian Michaels' protein and am drinking her protein shake and talking to you. I switched from her chocolate to her vanilla shake flavor. I prefer the vanilla and it doesn't stuff my nose up - I am slightly allergic to caffeine.

I have noticed that the readership of the blog has gone down lately. I kind of expected it to as the warmer weather arrived but it isn't warm out in the MIDDLEwest yet. Oh well, I'll just keep blogging and read it if and when you can and when you want to.
Chief Dan George

While I was deplasmafying I was reading Newsweek. I have a free subscription from the freebees Facebook page. I get free stuff in the mail about three times a week. There was an article that told you "what it takes to lengthen your days" (live longer). Out of the 16 factors that make you live longer I think I exhibit two of them; I am a "fan of excercise but not over-excercise" and my mom was younger than 25 when she had me. Some of the ones I fall short on are: I am not female (that I know of), I am not a Seventh-Day Adventist, I do not live in an area that has little pollution, I do not live in a right-wing dictatorship, I don't have my ovaries (that I know of), I don't eat a Mediterranean diet (though I wouldn't mind that) and I am not sure but I doubt that I have the longevity genetic markers that may counter genes for Alzheimer's, cancer and other age-related diseases. I guess I just need to live day to day..."It is a good day to die."(a bit of a pre-Earth Day clip back there)

Why do we still "roll up" and "roll down" windows in our vehicles? It's like me rolling down the doorbell or rolling a telephone call when I just hit the buttons. It was kinda "rolling" when we rolled that little handle/knob thingy around but now everybody has electric windows right?

This morning I was watching the news and when the commercial break came on I flipped the channel because I have the attention span of a new-born puppy. I don't have ADD or any of those other fancy names for people doing whatever they want I just need to be entertained 24-7 and I want everything when I want it; that's why the DVR, the computer and the i-pod are my favorite inventions of my lifetime. When I changed the satellite box (another fantastic invention) there were commercials on all of the stations. Ted Turner was really onto something when he originally launched Superstation WTBS (now TBS). He started programs five minutes into the hour rather than at the top of the hour. Unfortunately, for some reason, TBS gave up on that concept. I would think that if I turned from another station and got wrapped up in one of their shows they would have successfully sniped me away. Being the cynic that I am I imagine it's the advertisers who put a halt to that but maybe it just didn't catch on. Ideas that are different rarely do on the flat old planet Earth that we call home.
Who doesn't love omega-3 fatty acids?

Yesterday you saw that I was going to design a dinner by request. Yes MADYM, I "designed" it LOL. There was a request for a dinner to include grilled salmon, carbs and walnuts. Cha Cha is looking to get certain vitamins and minerals from those items so Chef Matt In The Middle Ramsey sprang into actual (that's the warm kind of sprang unlike the one we are experiencid right now in The MIDDLEwest). I grilled the salmon as I usually do with the Potlatch Seasoning from William-Sonoma. You have to try it!!! That left the walnuts and the carbs. Walnuts on the salmon? No. I walked the aisles of the store viding (in A Clockwork Orange its a word) all of the various ingredients and such. I am a big MATTshed potato fan so I decided to make a mashed potato onion walnut dish. I prepared the mashed potatoes as usual, I ground the walnuts into dust and mixed them with an envelope of onion soup mix and stirred them into the potatoes. Then I baked them and then broiled them so the top was brown and crispy. They were awesome. Even Fabio, who loves to tell me when things are not good or wrong, loved them. I am sure that broke his Grinchy little heart. I could have wimped out and just done some kind of a walnut glaze for the salmon but glazes generally are more high in calorie.

Have a great day and love the one your with - especially if you're alone (I don't mean love as a verb here). Thank you for spending some time wandering through my brain and notebook. Tomorrow is Earth Day Eve; I hope it warms up so we can have picnics on Earth Day / Good Friday. I think last Earth Day I ate lunch with Joseph Glidden (probably Earth Day). TTTT...MITM (omega-3ing out)
HIT IT ROZ!

No comments:

Post a Comment