Sunday, April 17, 2011

A "No StigMATTa Sunday" Blog

Happy Palm Sunday. I have always been a huge fan of palm trees so i believe I shall join in the celebration. I am not much of a religious person myself though I am very spiritual and I love people to be passionate so I think religion is a good thing. It seems to me. however, that religion is a sort of segregation and since there's no way the world will ever agree on one religion I pretty much pick and choose parts of all of them and live a positive life. I pretty much think then when it's my time to face whoever or whatever is in charge it should be enough that I was a good person and cared for other people and things. Simple, caring and good.
DA BULLS!!!!

I was in a pretty bad mood again this morning for some reason but I worked out and the endorphins released changed that prior to beginning this blog. I am glad because sometime today Cha Cha and I are recording the next podcast (no name included so this isn't a plug) and I would much rather be in a good mood for that.

Yesterday Fabio and I went to the Bulls play-off game against the Indiana Pacers; I guess it was a MIDDLEwest battle. What a great game. The Bulls trailed the entire game until about 47 seconds left in the game when they went ahead and stayed ahead and won. Because they won and scored over 100 points we both have coupons for free Big Macs from McDonald's. How do you think they will react when I order mine without meat? The game was fun but it's not as much fun when we went to see the 2006 World Series. I think the reason that was more fun, one of the main reasons anyway, was that Fabio wasn't 14 then - this teenage, puberty or whatever it is isn't that much fun for the parents I am discovering. I know I sound like a big shot going to the World Series and the NBA play-offs but between all four tickets (two baseball and two basketball) it cost me $200.00. Our tickets for yesterday's game were $50.00 each and were "standing room only." We got there early and found a couple of seats and by the time the game started no one came with tickets for those seats and we ended up having seats for the entire game. Getting in the door is 80% of the mission. Whether he appreciates it now or not one day Fabio will tell his kids that he saw Michael Jordan play (we went to see the Bulls on Christmas Day in 1997 - when he was 11 months old) and he saw Derek Rose play the year he was Rookie of the Year (last year) and the year he was MVP (hopefully this year). I think he appreciates it because I hear him downstairs watching the game - I DVR'd it so we could watch it later (like he is doing now). Guys are weird (take it from one of us).
Get some peroxide in that!

Our DVR has been working overtime this weekend. A free HBO / Cinemax weekend on DirecTV. I always go through the whole weekend's schedule and set up everything we want to watch later when this happens. It will take several months for us to watch all of the things that are set up but they're there if and when we want them.

I have a lot more to blab (I mean blog) about but I will save some of it for the podcast and some for tomorrow's blog because not many read the weekend blogs. Those of you that do will get some of this stuff that I will probably not be included in the others - it's like a bonus for being a true, loyal blog follower. Have a nice Palm Sunday. It's still a little chilly out there today in the upper MIDDLEwest so we won't get Stigmata today working with shovels and rakes in our yards yet (I was gonna say StigMATTa but that seems sacrilegious but then I went and typed it here anyway). TTTT...MITM (thanking you very much for stopping by while he logs OUT).

No comments:

Post a Comment