Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Official Laces Out Blog!

Good morning, My favorite weatherman, because he seems to be as accurate as any and he's always got a nice daily affirmation at the end, says it's gonna be 63 degrees with a 70% chance of rain in my part of the MIDDLEwest. I can take that.

We are about 5 1/2 hours away from recording our second episode of Dirty Laundry (podcast). I don't know why but I think I am nervous. Maybe because we are going to have our very first guest? Maybe because we are using a new microphone and I am not sure how that will work? Maybe I am just hungry and my stomach wants food rather than those feelings being butterflies. Actually, I think I have bats in my stomach; butterflies seem to delicate to be able to survive in my Mattcave. I know since Dirty laundry is not broadcast live we can change it however we need to but with our first guest today I just want everything to be right. You wouldn't know it from my normally laid-back demeanor but I am usually a basket-case inside. Now you will know it because I was stupid enough to blog about it and then not delete (edit) it when I did blog about it.
Last night Sugar Momma Cha Cha (I will get used to the new name soon) and I went to "the theatre" (I typed it in a snooty tone). We saw Arabian Knights. It was pretty good but it seemed to drag on a bit maybe because I was tired from working-out and we went out to eat before and I had four cranberry and Malibu's (I love coconut)? It's always nice to go out with Cha Cha though. We went for dinner at a place in downtown DeKalb called Hometown. It used to be called Upper Deck but it changed ownership and names. It's basically a sports bar. The food arrived slowly but it was good, though we ordered things that were bad for us. We had a sampler appetizer that consisted of cheese quesadillas, homemade potato chips and fried pickles. For dinner I had "the favrah" which was a triple-decker grilled cheese sandwich (a different cheese for each deck) and Cha Cha had "the Ray Finkle" which is a deep-fried snapper sandwich. We traded halves of our sandwiches with each other so we could both try it all. Everything was good. I will go back and do a Yelp review one of these days. If you don't know...Ray Finkle was a character, turns out to be one of the main characters, in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

I have been working in Dirty Laundry Studio (there's gotta be a better name like Desilu) for the last couple of days getting it presentable for guests. I did not realize how many autographed photos I had until I took them all out. The studio is now tastefully adorned with autographed photos; even Cha Cha liked it (believe it or not). I don't want to list the autographs because it will sound like I am bragging but I worked in a large comedy club for awhile and I have also happened to be in the right places in the right times when people like the best basketball player in the history of our planet was a rookie and was signing autographs... It looks in here like I am more than just the schmo that I really am - The Emperor Has one pair of Nice Clothes! I also hung the discs that Eric Solfisburg, the Dirty Laundry Musical Director, gave me of the DL theme music; I got that idea from Graceland (thank you Elvis, thank you very much). I shouldn't have mentioned that because now everybody is gonna want to come upstairs and see the studio when they come over. Where do you think we hide all of our crap when someone is coming over at the last minute? Maybe one day we can have studio tours (by appointment only LOL)..

Okay, I have a lot more to get ready. I think I have to come up with a Dirty Laundry cocktail. "I'd like a Dirty Laundry please" doesn't sound too plausible or refreshing does it? Maybe "The ChaCha" or "The Agitator?" Have a nice Sunday. I will blog you again tomorrow. Thanks for comin' by and letting me take my mind off of the bats in my mattcave for awhile. TTTT...MITM (offen sie)!

No comments:

Post a Comment