Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Blogs they are A-Changin'!

The MIDDLEwest is a-changin''
When did local news shows start consisting of reading Facebook postings and showing YouTube videos? I was flipping the channels this morning watching the various Chicago morning news shows and kept seeing bears looking in windows and babies doing something that all babies do and then hearing what Jabby Blabberschmitz had to say on his Facebook page. Is this because these things are interesting or that Twitter and YouTube and Facebook are going to replace local news like: the internet did to the newspapers, like iTunes did to CD's and the way magazines and books are dying because of the Kindle and the like? Times they are a-changin'....always! Except the weather in the MIDDLEwest - that is consistently raining. I believe the Japanese tsunami may have shifted the MIDDLEwest to the new Rain Forest (sans the tropical part).

Cha Cha and my 23rd wedding anniversary is Saturday. To celebrate we are going to watch Fabio play baseball in Sycamore. We will probably go out to dinner or something too but she sees me every day and I am pretty sure she is kinda sick of me; I'm sick of me. Fabio's first game was last night. He was the lead-off batter and played shortstop the whole game. He was the first player of his team to reach base this year, the first player to steal bases (three at his first at bat) and the first person on his team to score. Unfortunately, his team was probably the first in the league to lose a game this season too. There are about 30 more games to get that first win. Don't you love when people blog about their kids? Too bad you aren't here or I would break out the videos and the photos.

Yesterday I went over an had lunch with Cha Cha at work. She can pretty much work from home if she wants to but she chooses to go pretty much all the time. With the continuing rising cost of fuel she asked her boss, Tricia, if she could work from home a couple of days a week. So, her intention is to work home Mondays and Tuesdays. so, yesterday I went into her office at the Starbuck's less than a mile away. That place is crazy. This particular Starbuck's is near the Northern Illinois University campus so there are lots of students there with their computers... Cha Cha said the place was packed the entire time. Fortunately for her she is hard of hearing and is very focused. I would be so distracted because I am hexed by having very good hearing and I am very nosy so I would get nothing done there. I found it funny how there were people there that brought their own lunches. They weren't lunches from other restaurants but brown paper bags with chips and sandwiches... Why would they let them do this? I guess that's why they have to charge $40 for a cup of coffee. This also covers the cost of all of the laptops plugged into their outlets throughout the store. Today Cha Cha thinks she may try Panera instead. Maybe I will go over and have lunch with her again but I will probably have a pizza delivered to Panera.
Cha Cha's mobile office and Dirty Laundry Studio

 I finished editing the Dirty Laundry podcast and there was a BIG edit required toward the end of the show because of Cha Cha's sailor language. I am currently converting the show to the proper forMATT to be sent to iTunes so I am thinking your Dirty Laundry should be ready to listen to on iTunes today. Maybe one day we'll get this down so well that we can do it live (TWSS). I'll let you know via Facebook when it's up though if you are a follower on iTunes you will probably know before I can tell you.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to stop by to see what I have to say; it means a lot to me. Maybe if we all start thinking warm thoughts the weather will get the hint and join along with us - let's give it a try. TTTT...MITM (out of patience for cold rain) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment