Monday, April 4, 2011

Did I Sleep Through Summer?

There are more HouseHUSBANDS now!
Autumn seems to be back in the MIDDLEwest. The temperature dropped about twenty degrees since yesterday. Or, maybe it's just Monday; it's actually both...what a combo-platter. How was your weekend?

Yesterday we recorded our second installment of the Dirty Laundry (podcast). I thought it went very well but it ended up going for an hour rather than the half-hour that I planned on keeping it. We had our first guest in the studio (Jay Cole). After listening to the recording last night I decided that an hour is too long so, since I didn't promise it until Friday, I am going to work on editing it to get it down to half-an-hour. I may break the visit with Jay up into a couple two or three segments so you have to keep tuning-in to hear what else Jay has to say. I also noticed that with three of us in the studio we were talking over each other a lot and some things were hard to understand; I will fix that in editing too. I am still learning this whole podcasting thing so I appreciate your patience, suggestions and you listening. I am also thankful for Jay's patience too because I am pretty sure he could take me down to Chinatown. I am fairly certain that 30 - 40 minutes is the maximum Dirty Laundry should be.
"M" for Matt In The Middle
I just got back from uptown, or is it downtown, to look for ways to make money and to spend some money. I was completely successful doing one and am very hopeful on the other. You know how I add those zero-calorie powders to water so I drink water rather than soda (Lipton is my favorite of the powders)? I had seen advertisements for this new product called MiO. It is a "liquid water enhancer" produced by Kraft Foods. I "liked" it on Facebook even before I had tried it; such an impulsive American I am. Well, I found some completely by accident while up or down-town.  When I had seen the adverts I had wanted to try the mango-flavored Mio but it seems everybody else wanted to try that one too because it was gone. So, I got the berry pomegranate flavor instead. I am glad I "liked" it because I do like it. It's a lot more convenient than the sleeve packages I am used to and you can add as little or as much as you want. I did two squirts knowing I could add more and it's perfect. Another plus for me is that I can take it when I go out to eat and add it to ice water and stir it with a straw whereas the powders almost demand the shaking of a bottle. There is also less packaging waste - better for the environment.

Another thing I did while I was out was to get Cha Cha's (that's Sugar Momma's new name if you didn't read the weekend blogs and you don't listen to the podcast YET) anniversary present. Don't tell her that I got it because she doesn't read this blog anymore. April 30th is our 23rd anniversary. She suggested this morning that I read the blog for a podcast too; she knows I have the prefect face for podcasting. She said she would listen to it but it's difficult to always find the time to read it. With listening she could listen to it while she was driving or working or flying or whatever. I will consider that later on but I need to just focus on screwing up one podcast at a time.

Cha Cha, Nature Girl and MADYM are going to San Francisco next month just for the halibut (that's a Fisherman's Wharf joke). I don't want to mention which airline they booked their tickets with because I am starting to believe that whatever we put out there electronically, like this blog over the computer, has a tendency to come true (thanks a lot stupid Nostradamus blog a week or two ago). I just want you to know that the airline they are taking is one that canceled around 300 flights yesterday because one of their planes obtained an unadvertised feature, a sunroof. And then they found stress fractures on three or four other planes. At least they found out now rather than in a month or so.

This weekend was when that lunatic, former sit-com actor who I don't want to mention anymore by name came to the MIDDLEwest (Detroit and Chicago) and was boo'd off the stage. LOSING! The people who went to the shows seemed shocked on the news that the show was bad. LOST! I don't want to encourage bad behavior so this is the last I will elude to him (most likely).

Thanks for stopping in today. I am going to work a little more on those ways to make money that I checked up/down town. Tonight is baseball evaluation night for Fabio and I didn't get another call from the park district so I think I may be in the clear on coaching. Either that or I will get blind-sided when we show up. Maybe I will just drop Fabio off and pick him up. You know I'm too nosy to do  that. TTTT...MITM (out at home - I was safe - you were out...)
send 'em out Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment