Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What Up With That?

cue the music

It's October and the baseball playoffs are in full swing. Tuesday night the Texas Rangers eliminated the Tampa Bay Rays. I wish they were still the Devil Rays. What up with that? Whether it's true or not I don't know but I heard that people were inferring that they were satanic because they were the Devil Rays. People are ridiculous. Their logo didn't change other than the "devil" being removed so it still has the image of a devil ray (the fish) but it's just a ray now. Maybe it was more that all of the other rays felt slighted. They should have a picture of Ray Raynor on their jerseys; he was always my favorite Ray although Walston was pretty good too. Anyway, the reason I mentioned the play-offs was when I saw the Rangers celebrating in their locker room after knocking out the devils they were poring Canada Dy ginger ale all over each other. So, now baseball can't have devil rays or champagne? They could have used that apple juice that looks like champagne. It was odd watching two litre bottles being dumped on major league baseball players.

The miners that were trapped in a mine in Chile were rescued early Wednesday. They were in the mine for 69 days. If we were stuck in a mine starting today we would be down there until next year. The thing I liked about it the most was that they didn't want to speak to the media right away. If they were in a mine in America I know they would all be getting agents right now to get them on Today or Good Morning America or Late Night with David Letterman. We'll see how this plays out in the next few days. You know darned well that every network and media outlet is doing their best to talk to these people.

I actually cried at the end of my workout today. Not like openly wept but more than just a tear in my eyes. While I worked out today I watched the film Everybody's Fine with Robert De Niro. The film, from beginning of the movie to the end of the credits, was exactly as long as my workout today - 1:38:14. The film was good and Kate Beckinsale was hella-hot as always. The movie came in the mail yesterday via Netflix. I love Netflix...I'm happy we got it. The film really made me miss my daughter. I miss her every day as it is but the film is about relationships with a father and his children so, of course, I related somewhat. I sort of figure her being at college is kind of like Spring Training for her totally leaving the nest. I am really happy she's doing well in school and that she loves it but there was a part of me that wanted her to decide she wanted to go to school closer to home. She's too smart for that though.

I have decided a few people that I am going to try to contact at the seance but if you have suggestions let me know. I will try to get you some ecto-plasmic autographs and/or photos.

Okay, that's it for today because I used to average about 30-40 people reading this everyday and this past week the average day was 16 people reading it. I am not willing to accept that it's the content so I fell people must be intimidated by my length (TWSS). So, I will blog you late Thursday night after a day of ecto-plasma donating and working at an event called "Yell Like Hell." Ironic with the seance coming up and the "Devil" Rays being eliminated from the play-offs? TTTT....MITM!

No comments:

Post a Comment