Friday, October 8, 2010

Imagine There's No Blog; It's Easy If You Try

cue the music of the day

John Lennon's 70th birthday would have been Friday. Though I did appreciate him when he was alive it wasn't until relatively recently that I truly realized his genius. The Beatles were pretty special. I know I am not saying anything that's a secret but it's always worth repeating. I didn't realize it at the time but when I was in New York three years ago my buddies and I walked through Strawberry Fields in Central Park, past the Imagine tribute pictured here and then we went to The Dakota (pictured below) where John Lennon lived and we stood in the spot where he was shot and died. I was already Macabre Matt back then and didn't even know it yet.

I only ended up working three hours today because not many people came to purchase Miranda Lambert tickets. It wasn't a pre-sale as I had assumed so people were probably just buying their tickets on the internet. Now Saturday morning I am working a football game...The Temple Owls will be there so I'm guessing Bill Cosby will probably show up in one of his Temple sweatshirts. I found out today that after the football game I get to work a soccer game (the other futbol) too. They are doing a reverse tailgate whatever that is. Whatever it is it means I will get an extra four or five hours of work. It won't be 17 hours like two weeks ago but it will end up being 11 or 12.

Sugar Momma and I watched Brüno this Friday evening. After watching the movie I had my people contact Sacha Baron Cohen (S.B.C.) and he has agreed to portray me in the Matt In The Middle biopic. In his next project he is playing Freddie Mercury in a movie about Queen (the rock super-group). After that look for Matt In The Middle (the movie). I love S.B.C.. I loved him in Borat I loved him in Taladega
Nights and I loved him in Brüno. I know his movies are offensive to many and he does more than push the envelope but that's the point. The things he points out in his films are supposed to make us realize how ridiculous some of the prejudices that exist in our country are. Sugar Momma didn't care for the movie too much saying the movie was "too raw." I am a big fan of sushi which is probably why I liked it. Sugar Momma did like the video at the end of the movie though.

A part of the movie that I liked, in addition to ALL OF IT, was that part of it was filmed in Fort McClellan, Alabama. A little bit of Matt In The Middle trivia....while I was a senior in high school I made the decision to join the United States Army so I could go to college. I was sworn in and was scheduled to go to Fort McClellan, Alabama to become an M.P. (Military Police) right after high school. On Christmas Eve of my senior year of high school I was in an accident and lost a big toe (I've given up trying to find it now) and the U.S. army no longer wanted me so I ended up taking out student loans and going to college anyway and meeting Sugar Momma...Losing my toe turned out to be one of the best things that ever happened to me. I started in Left Field that summer in the American Legion baseball league in Aurora, IL so I am sure I could have served in the military but they are prejudice against nine-toed wonders I guess.

I am thinking about contacting my big toe at the seance and see how his afterlife has been without a foot. I'm guessing the foot was holding him back.

I just saw a report about a Washington D.C. mortgage company called Mortgage Bankers Association. Three years ago they purchased and moved
into a $79,000,000 building. They put down 5% and then defaulted on their loan. They strategically defaulted on their loan. A strategic default is when a borrower walks away from a mortgage that they can actually afford to pay because it makes more financial sense to rent. They moved five blocks away to a new headquarters. Unreal....this company was guilting people who really could not afford their mortgages while they defaulted on their mortgage but could pay if they chose to. A pox on them and everyone else like them! And I mean one of those really bad poxes like small pox not merely chicken pox. Sugar Momma and I both paid our student loans off and we have never been late on our mortgage...maybe that's why we are stuck in the MIDDLE? We need to be smarter and default on our loans. Stupid responsible idiots!

Enjoy the Saturday MIDDLEwest weather. I hope you're getting nice weather wherever you are. After I'm done with the soccer game we're gonna have a fire Saturday night. I always say it and I always mean it...if you just want to chill by the fire (well unchill I guess) cruise on over to Mattgarita Island at dusk. Sugar Momma would probably welcome some intelligent conversation...when nobody shows she's stuck with me...bless her heart. TTTT....MITM!

No comments:

Post a Comment