Sunday, October 10, 2010

I Missed The Binary Daaly Sales! DRAT!

cue the theme music

I hope you had a Happy Binary Day! I began writing this at 10:10 on 10-10-10 just because that seemed cool for some reason. I'm not an expert on what's cool though because sometimes I even think I'm cool.

The bon fire Saturday night was fun. Somebody actually took me up on my blog bon fire invitation and stopped by. MADYM and Mister MADYM stopped by. We had (at least I had) a great time but I realized that I am an over-server. Mister MADYM was driving and he didn't drink too much but I have got to stop being bartender. If I had my own bar I would go broke with my over-pours in about a week. I would have a lot of customers until they either all died from my poor alcohol management or I would go broke, again, from my poor (or pour) alcohol management. Sometimes a Matt's got to know his limitations.

In celebration of Columbus Day I get to work Monday. It's some kind of open house and I am the only one who gets to work. I am not sure exactly what it is I will be doing but like Christopher Columbus himself I will set out for India in search of spices and accidentally discover a new country. I guess this is proof that you never know what's gonna happen when you walk out the door on any given day. Lucky for him he was right about that whole crazy World being round theory of his. Maybe Christopher Columbus should be channeled at the seance. His birthday is October 31st - coincidence or fate? Somebody brush up on your Italian and somebody brush up on your Spanish just in case. Maybe if we reach Chris we could just channel a translator too.

There was a law passed in 2003 that said that all road signs throughout the nation be changed to we capitalized and the subsequent letters to be lower-cased by 2018. According to the mandate in the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices it is easier to read signs printed both upper and lower-case letters. Quite honestly I have never noticed that the signs are mostly printed in upper-case letters right now. Can they be serious? Supposedly it's going to cost about 27.6 million dollars to have all of these signs changed. How about let's just divide that money between all legal drivers and teach them how to distinguish between upper and lower-case letters so we can just read the current signs. Maybe after 2018 if there is a sign that's in all caps we can ignore it and if we get a ticket we can plead the inability to distinguish Capitalism or maybe CAPITALIZATION. Speaking of capitalism - my thought is that there are politicians somewhere behind this legislation that own the companies that manufacture the signs, print the reflective letters or install the signs when the changes need to be made. I know someone is gonna make a nice slice of that $27,600,000. The Nina, the Pinta and the Santa Maria might have actually found India if the signs wouldn't have been in all capital letters.

Have a nice Columbus Day Monday. If there are any of you who have recently had throat surgery keep your Columbus Day celebrating down to a low whisper. Hopefully you are lucky like Sugar Momma and have Monday off. For her that means she can work (in her pajamas if she wants) from home for ten hours and save the drive in to her office. Have a great day...continue to enjoy the weather before it turns. Blog you tomorrow...TTTT - MITM!

** Just in case and for the record...I just heard a gun shot echoing outside. It sounded like it was kind of far away but the shot rang out at 8:22PM Sunday night. You never know out here in The Wild Wild MIDDLEwest (Dekalb has our share of shootings unfortunately). **

No comments:

Post a Comment