Friday, October 22, 2010

I Slept Like a Baby

cue the music

Wow, I slept well Thursday night. It's been awhile since I had taken the Benadryl but I hadn't slept very well for the last three nights so I took Benadryl and slept like a baby. Well, not a baby actually. Where did that expression come from? Babies are up like every couple of hours fussing and crying; they don't sleep well at all. I slept like a rock. Now there's something that doesn't wake up. Not to mention that I gathered no Moss though I wouldn't mind having him on my fantasy football team - The Philadelphia Hellfire Club.

I heard a report on the radio today that listed the worst states for drivers in The United States. Number 50 - California, number 49 - Illinois. High gas prices, tollways and traffic. Illinois is worse than New York. MIDDLE of the road drivers are getting the short end of the steering wheel. THAT makes me sleep like a baby!

When we were on our trip to southern Illinois last week, being taken advantage by our state (see above), we stayed in two different hotels and I began to wonder - does anybody actually BUY USA Today? If I ever want a USA Today I am just going to walk into any hotel lobby, grab some free breakfast, watch a little CNN and take a paper when I leave. If I ever get down on my luck and become homeless because Sugar Momma becomes tired of my shenanigans and throws me to the curb that's my plan. Then maybe jump in the whirlpool for a quick bath and then be on my way. I wandered, no pun intended, but I am wondering if there is $1.00 added to our hotel tabs for the paper or does USA Today have a piece of all the hotel chains?

Also, when we were headed down to Carbondale we stopped for a quick dinner for the car on the way down. I was out-voted and we went to Arby's. They do not have any non-meat food items. Of course they have tri-taters and curly fires and deserts but no sandwich without meat and no salads. So, I went into the attached gas station and they had one tuna fish sandwich left but the tuna was brown so I passed. Is a fish sandwich, even deep-fried, too much to ask? And then when I ordered my tri-taters he asked "medium or small?" How can there possibly be a medium without a large? There can't be, right? I went with the medium because my dipstick said my oil level was not that low. The tri-taters were good and I didn't squeak for a week with all the 10W30 that came out of those three table-top football-shaped "potatoes."

Saturday I get to work a football game. It's supposed to rain so that will be fun. One of the best parts of being a boss is that I can go wherever I want unless I am required to deal with an issue... so I may be situated underneath something that blocks rain most of the time.

Minor update on the missing NIU girl (Toni Keller). I saw them diving in a lake about 3/4 mile directly East of our house. I didn't have my camera with me so I don't have any photos, sorry. I heard on the radio that there are 40 investigators working on the case and they have several leads. I hope they find her alive soon.

Who is going to be the third model parent from television to die? They all come in threes you know. We had June Cleaver (Barbara Billingsly) and Howard Cunningham (Tom Bosley) recently who's next? Jane Jetson? Barney Rubble? Homer Simpson...not so model maybe.

Try to stay dry Saturday. Thanks for stopping by to see what nonsense I was gonna talk about. Start telling your friends about the blog because November is membership drive month. Sign up a member and I will kiss your behind in a blog. Just tell me when you do it and I will believe you and I will write something about you for all the world to see (well, they have the opportunity to see though most won't). Blog you tomorrow. TTTT...MITM (out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment