Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Everyone Knows I'm Windy!

cue the music of the week

I took a break yesterday from reporting on the disappearance of NIU student Toni Keller. I don't know if I am just interested so much because it's so close to my home or I think about my daughter away from home or it just creeps me out but I think about it every day. I don't know if you heard but they found charred human remains in the park where they have been looking. They have not confirmed that they are the remains of Toni Keller but they do know they are human remains. They also know the remains were found near items consistent with items reported as Keller's. The investigation has switched from a missing person investigation to a homicide investigation. While I was downtown today I walked over by the area to see exactly where they are talking about as it is a large park with a bike path running through it, The area that they have roped off and have their control center is where the kids and I have ridden our bikes countless times and where we have played frisbee golf. I have long suspected, and a news report confirmed today, that vagrants and homeless people spend a lot of time in that park. The Dekalb Park District, reportedly, is re-examining Prairie Park's future. How does someone burn in a forest/park so close to homes and town and go unnoticed?

While I was walking I also found a sign still on a telephone pole from Bradley Olsen from Maple Park who went missing near this same place in 2007. They finally closed that case after he had been missing for three years so his daughter could collect his death benefits. He was last seen in February 2007 leaving a bar very close to this park looking for a ride home. They probably aren't linked but it sure makes you wonder. Okay...on to better things.

Huntley Middle School (DeKalb) defeated Sycamore Junior High School yesterday. The "A" team won 37-22 and the "B" team won 22-14. Fabio played both with the "A" and "B" teams yesterday so I guess he is 2-0 while each team is 1-0. I have video of one of his baskets, which was very cool, but I don't know how to load it onto here yet. I will figure out how to get it onto Facebook if you want to see it though I know these things are never as cool to other people as they are to the parents of the next Michael Jordan. Knowing him it's already on youtube somewhere.

The Earth sure isn't happy in the MIDDLE right now; must have a tummy ache. High winds and tornadoes. The winds are still blowing like crazy right now - for over 24 hours straight. I guess other parts of the world are having problems too. Volcanoes erupting and tsunami's washing up. I guess 2012 is only a little over a year away huh?

I gave plasma today and it was totally uneventful. I went a little later that I usually do so my blood pressure wasn't elevated by the drive over while people fought to get to work and school. I also did the Matt calming mind-trick I told you about. So, my blood pressure was fine, they found my vein right away, no blow-outs and was in and out in under an hour. I hope they all go that way. Thinking about racing over there reminded my about a time we were driving around up in Wisconsin looking for new places to boat and we came around a bend into a little town called Cambridge. There was a sign straight ahead on top of a building that said "Welcome to Cambridge, Popluation 1420 Plus Matt." Talk about welcoming someone to town. I didn't have a camera so if you get there take a picture for me. I had to stop and find out what that was about. I am not a NASCAR fan or maybe I would have known that Matt Kenseth is from Cambridge, Wisconsin. I bet he was sure upset when he found out they put a sign up there for me.

Have a great rest of your day. I have a great idea for my Halloween costume if it stays this windy. I am going to be Ben Franklin and I will dress Sugar Momma up as a kite and our dog Maisy as a key. Carry something heavy with you until Saturday (seance day). Blog you again tomorrow...MITM out!

2 comments:

  1. WTf... why the face.. o o o o only you....... lol.... love the blog about the girl Matt!

    ReplyDelete