Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm Back in the Saddle Again!

cue today's musical interlude (TWSS)

Howdy Howdy Howdy. Sorry I didn't blog much over the weekend but you were busy anyway so it worked out just as well.

We loaded up the Family Truckster and got out of Dodge about 5:00 PM Friday to head toward the Rio Grande but we decided to settle on Carbondale, Illinois. We couldn't leave until 5:00 because Sparky had day three of three of 8th grade basketball try-outs. He made the A team (different footage than last time) so he is happy. That would have been a really long drive to Carbondale if he hadn't made at least the B team. We went down to see Splenda for the weekend; it was Family weekend at SIU. It sure did my heart good to see her. I hadn't seen her since we dropped her off at the beginning of the semester. By the time we got back Sunday night we (when I say we I refer to the Royal We which is really me) had driven 887 miles. I used to make that drive every weekend when I was young and in love. So, even though some of the signs are confusing we never got lost.

While we were down there we went tail-gating, we rode a paddle boat on the campus lake, we went to the mall (got a jacket for Splenda and the latest size 10 Air Jordans foa thirteen-year-old), we went swimming at the hotel pool, we saw a movie at the student center (Despicable Me), we walked A LOT, we ate A LOT... It doesn't sound like a lot but it took the whole weekend. It was nice having the family all together again for a while. Next time we will see her will be Thanksgiving which is almost here. I had better get started on my pies now.

While we were at the tailgating I was trying to sign some mascots for the Mascot Wars show I told you about inspired by the Ohio/Ohio State mascot attack. I talked to a couple of salukis and Little Caesar of Little Caesars. Splenda suggested that Barney could fight Grimmace. I never even considered cartoon/childrens' show characters like Barney. How about the Keebler elves take on Lucky (Lucky Charms) in double-dutch jump roping? I hope to have some deals inked soon and get this project in the can (TWSS).

The seance is only a week-a-half away and I did some more research by accident. It is never my intent but the research seems to find me. Though I am nervous being new at the seance game I am getting excited too. I know that it is all phony balony (phologna bologna) but I would be happy to find out I am mistaken as long as I don't get possessed or haunted or something. I am confident in my phony bologna medium powers to know that if a spirit crosses into this plane I can force in back into the great beyond.

Though I have a lot more to blog I will save some for tomorrow. Have a great Tuesday. I am going to try to give plasma again. Hopefully my athlete's pulse and blood pressure have learned to live together in harmony but if not...NO PLASMA FOR YOU! Blog you again tomorrow...don't do anything I'd want to watch. TTTT...MITM (out).

1 comment: