Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Judii and Bert Are Both Recovering Nicely!

cue the theme music

My sister from another mister had throat surgery Wednesday and can't do anything so this is one of her forms of entertainment right now. That will surely make her get better quicker. She's already back on Facebook because she's a badass! I'm glad you are feeling better already Judy (I am never sure whether to use the "ii" or the "y"). Y? Because I like you!

Remember last blog I told you I had an Ernie & Bert story? Well, legend has it that I was flipping channels several years ago. I was flipping channels because I was training for the Olympics. I won the silver in the 1984 Olympics for channel surfing. Anyway, I was surfing and for some reason stopped on an episode of Sesame Street. Sugar Momma was in the next room when all of a sudden I burst out laughing uncontrollably. She came into the room to see what I was cracking-up about to see me watching Ernie & Bert. She asked me what was so funny. I told her, with tears in my eyes, that I thought Bert had a stroke. It seems the channel I had stopped on was a Spanish channel and it took me a minute to realize Ernie and Bert were speaking Spanish. I thought Sesame Street was teaching kids about strokes and Bert was speaking jiggerish. I don't know why but it was hilarious at the time.

I spoke to the lady (Reverend Marian Boesen) who called me back about the seance Wednesday. She said she will do a redlight seance which is in complete darkness other than a red light. She then contacts the spirits and they take over her face so you actually see who you are talking to. There is no flash photography or any other light allowed and if one of the people in the room were to touch her she said she could die. It costs $120 for an hour's seance. She also brings two trumpets and ecto-plasm forms on one trumpet and travels to the other trumpet. I think it's almost worth the money just to see what this is all about. Hmmm....what to do, what to do? Another draw-back is that she prefers that there is no drinking of alcohol until after she is finished. That might be the deal-breaker. She could also do the old-fashioned everybody in a circle holding hands seance but that for the same price I would prefer to see who I was talking to.

I love the weather we're having in the MIDDLEwest lately. It's like Native-American Summer (the artist formerly known as Indian Summer).

When I donated plasma Tuesday I think I had a new person poking me with the straw-sized needle. Instead of going in at an angle like skimming a stone she kinda went straight down like she was throwing a boulder in the blood pond to make a huge splash. I started bleeding a little again and I figured "here we go again...gusher coming (TWSS)" but she called another phlebotomist who poked the needle around inside my arm so I literally felt like a pin cushion and got me back on track. Thursday is plasma day again so we'll see how that goes. Whatevs!

Before I go to donate plasma I will have a whey shake to get my protein level up to a proper level. Why do we call them shakes when we rarely shake them? I shook the last one because I was already thinking about this but usually I blend it or mix it or stir it. Here's something I tried last week with my whey protein powder that you might like. I boiled water in the whatever that thing you boil water in is called (tea kettle, water pot, tea pot...?). While the water was heating up I poured Grape Nuts into a bowl and put my scoop of chocolate whey protein powder on the Grape Nuts and then, when the water was hot I poured water on the Grape Nut / protein mixture to soften it up. It was fantastic. If you like chocolate and Grape Nuts you'll like this. I think I will call it Chocolate Grape Nut Whey Royale.

I know I am obsessed with Hannibal but gas was only $2.53 a gallon. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'!

Have a great Thirsty. Especially you Judy! Let me know if you need anything because I am coming to Boulder Hill after plasma-time. Ice Cream? An Autographed copy of my latest blog? Popsicle? Water for your Vicodin? People Magazine? Matti-pedi? Blog you later Bill Hader. Ta-Ta...MITM!

No comments:

Post a Comment