Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Happy Blogs are Sure to Follow!

I know I have kiddingly called DeKalb the Old West or the Wild Wild West when I have heard gunshots in the quiet night but now I am starting to feel like it's more like Beirut. You may have heard that there is an 18-year-old girl that has been missing in DeKalb since last Thursday. So, having a daughter who is eighteen and in college, I did the fatherly thing and called her and told her all of those nervous dad things and today I found out that there was the body of a 19-year-old male student found about a mile from our house to the SE less than a month ago. The article that was sent to me says that they didn't suspect foul-play but now with a girl missing (last having been seen less than a mile from our house to the NE) I am becoming concerned. There was talk today on the radio that this girl "may or may not have gone to California" according to some national missing persons' website but until that is proven I am vigilant. I was thinking about going to help search for this girl on Tuesday (read about the search in the NIU paper) but I had a prior commitment. I really hope they find her in California and everybody is angry because of all of the wasted resources and tax-payers' money. I'd rather have that than to have another body found. I guess even if she did just decide to go off to California she is eighteen and as an adult she can go wherever she wants at any time. She really didn't do anything wrong other than not telling anybody she was leaving. I cannot imagine what her family is going through.

It's funny how I have a blog fairly planned out and then something comes up and I totally change what I was going to do. It's like having the newspaper all ready to go to press and a huge story breaks and they have to rework the whole front page. I was going to write about the seance and the Illinois Ghost Hunters investigating The Egyptian Theater the same night but that doesn't seem appropriate given the circumstances. I sure am a Matty Downer. I'll blog about that manana.

I was watching Freaks and Geeks the other night and Seth Rogen's character said something that I thought was funny for some reason so I wrote it in my notebook: "Dogs don't even like us people. They pretend to but they're just kissin' our asses so we will feed 'em. I ain't buyin' into that hoodwink." Maybe it's just me but I thought that was hilarious.

Well, Thursday morning and I get to see what's wrong with my insides again as I attempt to donate plasma. Will it be blood leaking everywhere? Low pulse? High blood pressure? Them poking and prodding with their needles? My promise yesterday of blogging my butt off today was premature I guess; sorry. No MATTer what happens tomorrow I promise a happier, upbeat blog. Until then have a great Thirsty. Blog you later Ralph Nader. TTTT....MITM

No comments:

Post a Comment