Monday, October 11, 2010

Let's Hug It Out Mascots!!!


cue the music


Remember when we accepted television commercials because over-the-air broadcast television was free? Why do we now pay for television, be it cable or dish, and we still have to deal with commercials? What are the commercials paying for now? Likewise, why are tollways still in existence? Weren't they only supposed to be in effect until they paid for themselves? I think they're more than paid for by now. I think they keep working on the roads so they can say that they can keep soaking us. Now we even have the equivalent of pre-paid credit cards strapped to our vehicles in the form of E Z Pass, I-Pass... we're just lemmings packed in shiny metal boxes. I'm matt as hell and I will just keep taking it because they know they have me and there's nothing I can do about it.

Does Columbus Day count as a holiday as far as the garbage man is concerned? I hate to have to guess every time there's a holiday whether the garbage still goes to the curb Thursday night for Friday morning pick-up or it goes out Friday night? I guess just put it out Thursday night and if it has to sit an extra day I guess it sits.

I was watching last week's DVR of Hawaii Five-O, I was watching it via DVR because I don't want to watch commercials since I pay for my satellite television, and I discovered why Five-O is Five-O. Because of the original Hawaii Five-O Five-O has become one of the many slang terms for police officers. Do you know why Hawaii Five-0 is Hawaii Five-O? How many times can I type Five-O in the same paragraph? It would be cool if I could type it 5-O times but I won't. Hawaii Five-O is called Five-0 because Hawaii was the 50th state. It seems so obvious after they spell it out for me. I probably would have firgured it out on my own if my I.Q. wasn't Five-O. Anyway...I still like Hawaii Five-O. It's Five-O clock somewhere!

Am I the only one that never knows what handshake to use? Do I use the old thumb up and four fingers straight ahead? Do I do the tilt back with the fingers curled? Do I do one of those combo-dealies? I use different handshakes in different situations...this is why I prefer to hug. Hugs seem to be fairly universal.

I was thinking about that mascot fight a couple of weeks ago again and I thought a good show on ESPN The Ocho would be mascot fights or other various competitions (patent/trademark/copyright). Maybe a Wisconsin Badger vs. a Michigan Wolverine. How about a Hurricane vs. a Green Wave or a Crimson Tide? A Banana Slug fighting a Boll Weavel. A George Washington Colonial vs. Vanderbilt Commodore? A race between a Wisconsin Wiener and A Washington President? A pie eating contest between a Phanatic and a Boiler Maker? I could program this series to run for seasons. And best of all I could do it without commercial interruptions because the teams would be doing the advertising simply by their mascots participating. What a great recruiting tool for colleges and exposure for professional sports teams. Then we could do winners in each country having a mascot Olympics. It wouldn't be like wrestling; this would be real mascots really competing. Major League mascots taking on high school mascots.... The University of Hawaii must have gotten wind of my idea and then changed from The Rainbows to The Warriors! Nice move Five-O!

Alright, I have lost all contact with reality and should probably pull the plug on myself (TWSS). Welcome to the loneliest day of the week...Tuesday. I will try to blow out a vein or something Tuesday so I have something cool to blog about. It's just a slow blog day today. Blog you later escalator - TTTT...MITM!

No comments:

Post a Comment