Thursday, October 14, 2010

I Have An Athlete's Hulce!

I went to do my usual Tuesday/Thursday ritual of donating plasma Thursday and “denied.” I am really glad I donate plasma because it’s like taking my car into the shop. Every third of fourth time I go there I find out what’s wrong with my engine. Remember a month ago or so I found out that my protein level was low? How would I have ever known that without them telling me? So, this time I get my finger pricked so they can test my blood, I step on the scale to get weighed and then they stick the arm cuff on me for my blood pressure and my pulse and they put the thermometer under my tongue. Weight fine, blood good (mm good), blood pressure fine but...”your pulse is too low.” WHAT? So then they bring a nurse over and she asks me if I work out heavily. I tell her that I work-out with weights every other day and I also do 25 miles on the bike and 600 sit-ups at those times. She decides that that constitutes working out rigorously and enters in the computer that I have an “athlete’s pulse” which means I can get below 50 but not below 40. Pretty cool...my workouts have elevated me to athletic pulse status (or maybe I am just close to dead - have you seen some of my facebook photos?). Sure, lucky me gets the athletic pulse but not the body. So then she straps on the cuff again and now my blood pressure is high (185-104). Well, of course it is. I am worried that my pulse is too low and now my BP is too high. So, being two readings were bad (even though they were bad on different criteria) I was DENIED! It sure causes a lot of anguish to be a life-saver (tropical-flavored). But now my protein is good (thanks to Jillian Michaels) and know I have an athlete’s pulse. By the time I die I should have all things running perfectly so I don’t know whether to donate my organs to science or an organ- needy person. Just hollow me out like a pumpkin before you burn me up and do with the insides as you will.

I made coconut bread pudding again after being denied donating today. I am going to see Splenda this weekend for the first time since she left. When Sugar Momma saw her at U of I a month ago or so she took some down to her and she loved it so I promised I would make some more. It will raise my pulse to see her. I think I am going to make it again in a couple of weeks for the seance and I think I will make guacamole (the kind with black beans and corn) too. I have also decided to make Sangria. Maybe if people drink and eat enough they won’t realize that I am a total Sham (wow). That’s the second time I’ve used the term Sham-WOW in less that six hours. What’s happening to me? Is it because of the high blood pressure or the low pulse? The combo has made me light-headedly Sham-wowified. Either way I hope I make it to the weekend to see my eldest and favorite female child.

Eye start a lot of my paragraphs with “I” don’t I?

Worked at Yell Like Hell I did Thursday night. Or should it be ME worked at Yell Like Hell Thursday night? Those people yelled like hell. I think it was a spirit thing (you know, "we got spirit yes we do, we got spirit how 'bout you" type a deal) but it could have been an anger management seminar I'm not sure.

Okay I just told myself KISS (Keep It Short Stupid) - (TWSS). So, I am going to KISS off until sometime late Friday night or early Saturday morning. Weekend's here - let's all cheer - man I'm queer - no disagreement here! Blog you later World Dominator. TTTT...MITM!

No comments:

Post a Comment