Monday, September 6, 2010

Went to our Nation's capital...AGAIN!


Happy Labor Day. Why are thee so many mattress sales on Labor Day? Shouldn't the mattress sales be on Valentine's Day?

Yesterday was another very busy day. Randy and I met Randy's childhood friend Mark at Orioles Park at Camden Yards and we went on a tour of the Sports Legends Museum at Camden Yards. Randy and I bought the combination ticket that included the tour of the Babe Ruth birthplace and museum. We went to the Orioles game where they played the Tampa Bay Rays and we saw five more home runs - that's 10 home runs in two games so far. Cal Ripkin Jr., who was a baseball idol of mine, threw out the first pitch, because, as it turned out, yesterday was the 15th anniversary of the day that Cal tied Lou Gehrig for the most games played (2130). It was a great game and the Orioles won 8 -7. We had excellent seats in the club level and we had waiter service at our seats so we felt like MIDDLE shots. (if you see any typos it's because I am hurrying and my "r" key has problems from time to time on this laptop...my friend Mary mentioned that to me before and since I am in MARY LAND I thought I'd give her a shout out - HOLLA GIRL!

Speaking of girl - I miss Sugar Momma and the kids. Everything I do I think about how much they'd like it. At yesterday's game I had crab cakes. Who would have thought that crab cakes at a baseball game would be good. This crab cake was excellent - almost as good as the ones I made with that kit from William-Sonoma (ca-ching). Yesterday after the game we walked down to the inner harbor to check out one of the tourist traps in Baltimore. We stopped by for dinner at Phillips. It is a famous place to get crab cakes. Guess what I ordered? Right, lasagna...no crab cakes silly. They were every bit as good as the ones I made and were on the patio by the harbor. The secret to crab cakes - get ready to write this down - is to over-stuff them with crab. The poo cakes I've had have been more filler.

Last night after dinner we went back to our Nation's capital, again. We walked around the White House and were asked by the U.S. Secret Service if we had lost a diamond (not a baseball reference...a real diamond I think) which we had not. We then drove over to The Jefferson Memorial - Randy is a thespian (you know my views on this sort of thing - I am pretty open minded) who has played T.J. and has a love of Tommy Boy as I do. After thhat we headed back to Baltimore where I sit blogging to you right now.

We come home tonight but not before we see another baseball game (The Nationals vs. The Mets). We will probably see another five homers today which would make it fifteen home runs in three days...we're on a pace to beat Barry Bonds by August. Yesterday after the Orioles game we walked over to the Babe Ruth Museum to use the second half of our combo ticket but we were 20 minutes past their closing time. We are going to go over there this morning and I am going to try to sweet-talk them into letting us get in on yesterday's stubs (TWSS). I am a pretty good sweet-talker (whiner/beggar) so we'll get in. After that we head to our Nation's Capital, again, to watch baseball and then come back to THE MIDDLEwest.

I posted some photos on my Facebook page if you want to see them and I will post more right after I get this up (TWSS). Have a nice Labor Day... when I get home I will make more sense of them and Randy has about 500 he will post and I will share too. I'm sleepy so I hope this made sense...I give plasma again tomorrow...yikes!
TTFN...Mid-Eastern Matt OUT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment