Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's a Cartoon World!

cue the autumn theme music Happy Autumn!!! It's not fall is autumn...sounds so much classier. Fall sounds negative.

Donating plasma Tuesday went fine. No blood gushing excitement.

When Sugar Momma and I were at the wine tasting in Starved Rock and I ran into two people I knew (I forgot about Dennis from my part-time job) she made some comment about me knowing someone everywhere and it made me think of "savior faire is everywhere." Savoir faire by definition is the ability to say or do the right or graceful thing. I believe I have that although some people refer to it as butt smooching or donkey kissing. I believe it to be more of being smooth and suave. It's the ability to treat people as they would like to be treated. I believe I have savoir faire because I truly care about people (most people) and treat them with respect. Plus I used to like the cartoon Klondike Kat where Savoir Faire used to steal the food and say "Savoir Faire is everywhere" in his little French accent. How many of you MIDDLE-agers remember Klondike Kat?

I was checking things in the fridge today and found that blue cheese can go bad. You would imagine, since it is basically moldy cheese it would have nowhere to go on the "bad" scale but it does. It looked fine but I tasted it and it tasted a bit like gasoline. Premium unleaded gasoline but gasoline nonetheless. Maybe I'll see if it powers the lawnmower.

Did you see the fight between the MIDDLEeastern state mascots. Brutus The Buckeye (Ohio State's mascot) got his butt kicked by Ohio University's mascot Rufus. Brutus was totally blind-sided and obviously didn't want to fight. Seriously what chance would a Buckeye have fighting a Bobcat? It's hard not to find this humorous though it does kind of send a message of violence. However, it was at a football game which also condones violence. It's also kind of like cartoon violence. Roadrunner and Wiley Coyote make this look like child's play. Rufus vs. Brutus - sounds like a good fight on paper. I have a small part me that has a problem with this because I met the person who wears the Victor E. Huskie mascot costume at Northern Illinois University Tuesday night and SHE is a petite young college girl. Maybe Brutus was a girl too and Rufus was some douche that didn't make the football team and wanted to beat up a girl. Can't we all get along mascots?

I finally watched my DVR'd Hawaii Five-O from Monday night. It was really good. Scott Caan looks so much like his father now it's unreal. I think I am going to watch this show weekly. It reminds me a lot of S.W.A.T. from when I was a kid in that it seems more like military than police. Not to mention the fact that it's filmed in paradise with the best scenery on the planet.

I am getting to the end of one of my notebooks. I have like twelve going at any given time because I keep misplacing them. Larry David had a whole episode on it the other night where he lost his notebook. I found it amusing that he keeps a notebook with him all the time for ideas too. I am pretty sure Larry David is basing his character on Curb Your Enthusiasm on me or, more likely, I am just as neurotic as him. Sugar Momma had already seen this episode and specifically asked me if I had. I think she was asking because she she's the insane similarities too. Anyway I am going to have to go through this notebook and figure out what I didn't blog about and see if those topics will make the cut. Then I will autograph it and put it with the others that are finished so they can be auctioned off for charity one day.

Okay Wednesday is here...unemployment call-in day (every other Wednesday). I got a call-back from a radio station regarding a job. I hope I get the job though I would miss the bi-weekly unemployment call-ins. Have a Happy and Heartfelt Humpday. Be nice to someone Wednesday...we need to show the Ohio mascots how civilized members of society behave. I'll blog you again tomorrow...TA!

** savoir faire artwork fort frazzled from jrj-socrates.com, mascot fight photo buckeyed from boston.com & curb you enthusiasm graphic confused from perezsolomon.com **

No comments:

Post a Comment