Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Second Blog of the day (replacement blog)

disclaimer - Being stupid, as I am, I went back and read the blog I posted last night and while trying to edit some of my typos I ended up deleting it. So, this is a replacement for the blog and if you read the one I did last night you are a part of a special group of people who have seen a very rare collector's edition of Matt In The Middle and you are a true fan so...let the BONUS/REPLACEMENT blog commence. I will try to remember what I blogged and recreate that now...roll-em.

I am happy to be typing this blog at the comfort of my desk rather that trying to balance a laptop on top of a pillow on a hotel bed. It's nice to be able to see the screen better though now I don't have as much excuse for my typos and misspellings.

The trip was fun but what turned out to be a baseball pilgrimage of three major league baseball stadiums turned into more of a School House Rock tour. We saw: the birthplace of Babe Ruth , Egdar Allan Poe's grave (didn't make it to his house), we saw monuments/memorials to/of: Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Korean, Vietnam, WWII, the Civil War, the Revolutionary War, the entrance to Arlington National Cemetery, met and got photographs with all four of the Mt. Rushmore Presidents, saw the only still-seaworthy American civil war sailing ship, touched a WWII American submarine, saw where Bromo Seltzer was invented, we saw Cal Ripkin Jr. on the 15th anniversary of the day he became baseball's ironman, met Boog Powell (who called me Alfred E. Newman) and Greg "The Bull" Luzinski, we saw photos and heard countless stories about former Negro League and Major League baseball players... (I know I am missing dozens but you get the picture. I am going to try not to mention the trip endlessly because I know it's not that interesting listening to someone else go on about their trip. I consider it my to though - doing different things so I have something to blog to you about. I added quite a few more photos of the trip on my Facebook page if you want to see them. I didn't put all of them on there though because Randy is quite the shutter bug. He ended up taking over 1000 photos in three days. I bet he has a good callous right about now...funk soul brotha.

I heard that baby carrot farmers are beginning to package their wares in chip-like individual bags so we can conveniently try to get healthier. Is it the convenience factor or is it the taste. I sure hope that it works. Leave it to the babies to think of this. Why did it take baby carrot farmers to have this idea. Come on adult carrot farmers - you need to become forward thinking. Beware baby carrot farmers because now the adult farmers are going to call the National Relations Council and get you on that whole child labor thing.

Yesterday I went back and gave plasma. I was supposed to be well-hydrated, which I was but I was also supposed to have eaten well-balanced meals and gotten plenty of rest. Do giant pretzels shaped like "O's" & "W's", peanuts, cracker jacks, crab cakes, ice cream eaten from tiny baseball caps, crab fries and bloody mary garnishes count? I was also supposed to be well rested but I'm not quite there yet. The plasma donation went well and fairly quickly though. I used my new souvenir autographed Babe Ruth baseball to squeeze to pump my blood faster. No one could belt it out like The Babe. I know it's an authentic Babe Ruth autograph because I got it at his birthplace and museum. I got a great deal on it. I didn't know they has squishy balls in his day but I guess they did and I have one to prove it (TWSS).

Shouldn't the plural of boo be booze? Sugar Momma, Splenda, Sparky and YOU are all my BOOZE. What Up Boo?

MIDDLEfest starts Friday in DeKalb. Remember I mentioned this coming up a couple of months ago in my blog? I cannot believe they didn't contact me to sign autographs or something. I guess I will just work a couple of football games instead of attending music venues and signing autographs. It was weird that I drove by on the way back from de-plasmatizing yesterday and saw this. I always have my camera with me for just such an occasion.

If I remember tomorrow (or tonight now I guess since this is a re-enactment) I will blog about how I vandalized an automobile from Idaho parked outside of the Jefferson Memorial and kind of got caught. Tune in tomorrow to this same Matt station at this same Matt time for the next exciting adventure of Matt In The Middle. If you read the earlier blog and can think of anything I missed that I should add to the next blog please let me know. Or, keep it to yourself and you will own some inside Matt stuff (gross). Thanks for stopping by. I'll blog you later today Faye Wray. TTTT (Ta Ta Til Tonight) or maybe just T4.

No comments:

Post a Comment