Thursday, September 23, 2010

Eating My Curds and Whey!

cue the theme music

Well, I solved my workout dilemma for this week. I worked out Thursday night which technically was two days in a row but it was late so it was kinda like working out Friday so I can deplasmify Friday morning.

In an effort to get my protein level in check I bought some whey protein today. It was partially due to the suggestion of my pal Stacee. I thought maybe I could be Little Matt Muffett and mix it with some cottage cheese so I would be eating my curds and whey but when I got home and took this photo I realized that I had bought the chocolate-flavored whey protein. I will use the whey about an hour before I go to donate plasma on Friday and I may actually try chocolate whey with cottage cheese. someone had to be the first person to try fruit with cottage cheese or pepper on cottage cheese so maybe I will be the first person to try chocolate whey cottage cheese. I loved Koogle peanut butter so who knows? I got the Jillian Michaels whey protein. I have never watched The Biggest Loser but I know of her and have seen her and I think she totally rocks. she's like an amalgam of a bunch of my friends...you are probably one of them so guess what? You totally rock!

Thursday felt more like WINDSday in the MIDDLEwest this week. Was it windy or what? That's okay because it made the day of hot weather bearable.

There's a lot of talk about several members of President Obama's staff coming back to the MIDDLEwest to run &/or help campaign for Mayor of Chicago. It made me start thinking. Why do we need to have the white House in Washington D.C.? It made a lot of sense when Washington and Adams and Jefferson were still here and the country only had thirteen colonies but wouldn't it make more sense to have our nation's capital in the heart of the nation? Chicago would be good: it almost has the same crime rate that Washington D.C. has. somewhere in the MIDDLE just makes sense to me. Less travel for the rest of the country, probably safer from attack since it's not near either coast. Let me make the motion to move our national capital to the MIDDLE of the country.

While I am on the subject of politics, sort of...I have been seeing a lot of political ads lately with October being right around the corner. Do all of these negative political ads really work? Most of the time I don't know who the candidate is but I know who their opponent is and that I shouldn't vote for them. BUT...I know their name and when I pull that curtain closed I will not remember that they were supposedly bad but I will recognize their name. Sometimes I may even vote for them because the other person was a jerk and slung mud. Whatever happened to the good ole days when we knew what a candidate stood for and what their qualifications were? I don't talk politics too often. I believe the old theory that it's not wise to talk politics or religion. As you might guess, I have strong views on both topics but I try to keep them to myself. If you want to talk I will listen and may interject a little but chances are you are not going to change my views on either and I will probably not change your views. I am open-minded enough to consider your views but I find that with regards to these topics I am generally in the minority in being open-minded so, though my mind is open about these subjects, my mouth usually isn't.

I have a problem with not wanting to be late. I guess it isn't a problem because if it's just me I am rarely late. In fact I am almost always early wherever I go. Sometimes I will sit in the car for ten or fifteen minutes in a parking lot or down the street somewhere so I am not late. This hatred of being late makes me hurry all the time though. I am hurrying even when I am way ahead of schedule. I guess there are worse traits to have. But I digress (I just felt like saying that).

Friday is here so come on get happy. Have a great day and remember don't feed the Mattimals. I'll blog you again later master debater (staying with the political theme). TTTT.MITM!

No comments:

Post a Comment