Monday, September 20, 2010

The Children Really ARE Our Future!

cue theme song...

I am really into protein right now. I never thought by stopping the consumption of meat that I was taking away my main source of protein. Today I had egg whites, peanut butter, tuna, black beans to name a few protein-enriched foods. I am trying to get my protein up for Tuesday morning’s plasma donation. Last week, before the blood bath incident, I was told that if my protein level dropped any lower than it was that day I would be unable to donate. Lives are counting on my plasma here. If you don’t eat your meat you can’t donate any plasma. How can you donate plasma if you don’t eat your meat? Easy, getting my protein elsewhere. I should start eating my curds and whey. Before this whole vegetarian, weight-loss and plasma thing is over I will probably become a registered dietitian and nutritionist. Maybe some kind of guru. I just like the sound of that word.

Is the economy getting better or are the credit card companies just deciding that they need to keep the United States Postal System in business? It doesn’t matter to me one way or another thought I would like the USPS people to keep their jobs. It just seems that all of a sudden we are back to getting 3 - 4 pre-approved credit card offers again. They make great starters for the backyard bonfires. Did you ever notice that good news rarely comes in the mail?

I used to love this time of year when I was a kid. Having a September birthday was the best thing ever. When my birthday fell on a Saturday the new cartoons would start on my birthday. It felt like the networks, only three at the time, would design their entire programming around my birthday.

I have always called the gray area between DeKalb and Sycamore DeKamore. People would always look at me funny but there is a fuzzy line where one becomes the other. I pronounced it Dickamore though, of course. So I was driving out that way the other day and there is a new place opening called DeKamore Dental. I don’t know if I want to go to a dentist anywhere near Dickamore especially called Dekamore Dental.

Today I was doing my Monday housework (call me Hazel or maybe Helsel) Oprah’s show was on. I am not a fan of Oprah’s though I am impressed by her success. I just think she is a little full of herself and a lot annoying. But she had a show on with Bill Gates promoting the film “Waiting for ‘Superman.’” It is a film about our education system and how we are so far behind the rest of the world. Sugar Momma designs and on-line courses for schools and teachers so I DVR’d it for her while I was watching it. It was very disturbing to see how far behind America is educationally. I am looking forward to seeing this movie though it will be a bummer, I’m sure, but good will come of it. Check it out at http://waitingforsuperman.com/. No matter your political affiliation, your gender, your race, your religion, your social status...the educations of our children should be at the top of your list of important issues to be focused on in America. How are we ever going to bounce back as a nation if we don't educate our children? We should have listened to Whitney Houston along time ago before she went crackers and met Bobby Brown.

I am going to wear a dark shirt or better yet red and maybe a pair of pants that I’ve “ingrown” (what’s the opposite of outgrown?) to donate plasma in. I think I’ll take a change of clothes too just in case. I worked out again today and my arm didn’t hurt as much but it did still ache a little...they really did a number on me but I’m no sissy though I play one on blogtv. I will give ‘til it hurts and then I’m so stupid that I’ll give again. They measure my blood’s protein level but that doesn’t measure intelligent quotient obviously.Wish me luck Blood. Have a nice Tuesday. I will try to win the lottery again Tuesday night because I was a failure again Friday. Now it’s back down to like $12 Million. It’s almost not even worth playing for that chump-change. I’ll blog you later Deidrich Bader. TTTT, M!

No comments:

Post a Comment