Saturday, September 4, 2010

NEVERMORE!!!

A Good Saturday to you. I am lying in bed in a Holiday Inn 2 blocks from Camden Yards (where the Baltimore Orioles play baseball). By the time we got checked in it was close to midnight Eastern Standard Time. When I found we were near Edgar Allan Poe's grave and it was midnight I said, "Let's go." So, Randy walked about 7-8 blocks and were at Poe's grave at midnight. The cemetery was locked but we saw his grave and the catacombs of the church. We are going to go back sooner or later when the gates are open. We are also going to see the Poe House...I knew this trip would probably put me in the Poe House. While we were out in the MIDDLE of the night we walked over to Camden Yards which lead to us walking by the house Babe Ruth was born in which is also the Orioles Museum (it was closed too as you might imagine). Our hotel is right in the MIDDLE of everything, it seems. We are right across the street from the Bromo Seltzer Tower. I never even thought of why the Baltimore Ravens were called The Baltimore Ravens...it is because of Poe.

We ate dinner at Harry Caray's restaurant at Chicago's Midway Airport before getting on a plane. It seemed the perfect way to start a baseball trip.

Well, I know this is very short (TWSS) but we are heading to Washington D.C. this morning and then to Philadelphia. We are tying to get a lot in today so I am signing off already. Just know that I will take photos and get stories so I have a lot to blog about for you.

Have a great day and I will probably blog again tonight or tomorrow morning. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment