Thursday, September 30, 2010

Death and Bad News (what else?)

cue the music

Well, I checked Tuesday's lottery ticket and not a winner yet. The itching palm didn't mean I was going to win the lottery Tuesday. It probably meant that I was going to win Friday. I'm not sure how the time-table on the itchy palm money pay-out works so I will just collect the winnings on Monday.

Stony Curtis died. They say that celebrities die in threes. Who will be next Ann Margrock? Cary Granite? Ed Sullystone? The Way-outs? Seriously, Tony Curtis passed away. He seemed like a decent fellow. He was a playboy I suppose but that was the way back in those days. Even though he was no Morris Buttermaker he still took the Bad News Bears to Japan...that alone makes him a part of Americana! He was great in The Great Race and Some Like It Hot. For you youngsters...he was Jamie Lee Curtis' dad. I guess that's more for you MIDDLERS too. Okay youngsters...she is the woman who does those Activia ads.

Who and how was it decided that the heart was the part of the body that you "feel" with? Your brain actually does the feeling right? Why isn't it "you're breaking my brain?" or "have an epidermis?" Your skin feels more than your heart too.

I am no longer watching the news. I will listen to it in car between songs but I am tired of hearing all of the negativity the American media is doling out. I swear that by listening to the news you'd think nothing good ever happens. And then they give you these teasers like "the thing you need to know so you can live until morning...coming up right after this break." I know the break is how they make their money but what if I the satellite or cable go out then I may as well kill myself tonight so I don't have to suffer the unspeakable death that awaits me before morning. I know the 24-hour news cycle makes for them to have to dig up stuff to report about but how about something or someone who is doing good? I will probably watch the news from time to time but I don't have to like it. There are some good things on the news but I guarantee it's 20:1 bad to good.

I donated plasma Thursday (hey Thursday without the "T" would be hursday - hearse-day - I want to die on a Thursday now). I took in a coupon so I could get $5 extra for my donation. I had just printed the ad two days ago from Biolife's website and when I got there they pointed out that the ad expired in 2009. I JUST PRINTED IT! They looked at the date that I printed it but then noticed it had an address from Ohio on it. I assumed that was their headquarters or something, Anyway, they wouldn't accept the coupon. No big deal because A) it's on $5 and B) I am not doing it for the money although it is nice getting tax-free money while saving lives. They have the Northern Illinois University newspapers there (The Northern Star) and while I was pumping my fist so they could get my plasma I was reading the Northern Star and there was an ad in Thursday's paper for Biolife Plasma Services. The ad is for new donors or people who haven't donated within the last six weeks. You get $20 for your first donation, $30 for your second donation and $50 for your third donation. Let me know if you are interested because I will give you the ad - that's $40 more than you would normally get. It would be fun to have a plasma buddy! One nice thing about a college newspaper, besides it being free, is that it actually has good news and positive news too; not just negativity in the news. Appreciate the candy-coated news in college...after college it's all acid-coated.

I may get my opportunity to visit Hannibal, Missouri this year after all. It would mean me having to miss out on the Egyptian Theater Haunted Tour though. Another tough choice to make in the MIDDLE. I am leaning toward Hannibal and they have plenty of ghosts there too. Injun Joe probably haunts Hannibal. Jesse James and Mark Twain...they have to be better than some former stagehand named Bob. No offense Bob I'm sure if I saw your ghost it would scare the heck out of me but it's Mark Twain and Jesse James Bob. I worked in your theater a couple of weeks ago and you didn't say as much as boo so I think the rumor of your death (or life after death) may have been an exaggeration. Visit me on October 30th to prove me wrong Bob!

Well, once again the blog turned to death and ghosts. What are the odds? Friday is here, I'm queer, get used to it. Don't tell Sugar Momma about the queer thing she just thinks I'm just flamboyant. Anyway...have a nice Friday I know I'm going to. I'm having breakfast at Grandma's Table (9:00) in Montgomery for you bill collectors, check presenters and/or hitmen (and hitwomen) who are looking for me. Stop on in for an autograph and a cup of joe. If not that's cool too. Blog you next time...same Matt channel...same Matt time! TTTT...MITM

No comments:

Post a Comment