Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Blogging Idiot

I am at the point that I am sorry that I even went to the doctor to discover that my Achilles tendon was torn; it was just a sore heel until that point. Now I am stuck on some kind of a perpetual medical bill hamster wheel that I have no idea how to get off from. I cannot go back to work without a doctor's release. I cannot stand for very long without being in pain even when I am wearing my boot. Just as I finished typing that last sentence I got a message from UnitedHealthcare showing how much I (and they) owe my team of physicians. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined it would be though I do feel like I am the only red-blooded mammal on a planet overtaken by vampires. Geez, no wonder so many people suffer from depression and anxiety and obesity... I kind of wish that I had never gone to the doctor and just kept struggling through work until I became incapacitated. Live and learn; I will know for my next carnation though I hope to come back as a dog or something next time. Supposedly, a dog's life is supposed to be good but there are a lot of mistreated animals in the world too and they, generally, don't have as many options in their lives as we, presumably, have.

Tomorrow I head up to Rockford with my dad. I love my dad but I wish we had more in common. He was never much into sports (except he likes to fish), we are polar opposites on political issues... I am not going to go too much more into that issue. We all do things out of perceived obligations in our lives don't we? Sigmund Freud was way ahead of his time. I hope, and will request, that we stop by mom's grave site. Maybe I think too much and the blog is partially responsible for my doldrums? I just need to get to writing more on my book and make it a world that we would all like to live in. There are many, many fantastic things in my life and paying attention to the negative just masks that sometimes I think.

I slept pretty well last night but I may take a nap later today. Jill is out of town and Jeff is lying at my feet fast asleep. He would be just as happy sleeping in the bed.

So weird, yesterday I wrote about Jerry Seinfeld performing in Rockford in two days. I think the cosmos was reaching out to me for an undetermined reason. Some people call things coincidence and others call them fate or destiny... I think all of those things can exist symbiotically. Whichever it is, I am listening to Pandora on my phone while I write (the Fun station - I like them and the musical groups similar to them) and the song "Good Riddance" (Time of My Life) by Green Day began playing. Why is this destiny or coincidence you might ask? That was the song that played while they showed vignettes of many of the memorable moments from the of Seinfeld on the series finally.

I think Jeff is having a nightmare (a dream at the very least). Dogs do dream as far as I know and I will take this as evidence of that hypothesis. He was doing mini half-barks and his abdomen was heaving but he never raised his head or opened his eyes. He is still alive because I can see his chest moving up and down as he breaths. Now his front paw is twitching and he just made a big sigh. we just want our pets to have human qualities, for some reason, don't we?

I saw and heard that Al Franken may run for public office again. I really hope he does and I hope he runs for President; he has my vote. I don't really have to explain to people who he is but I will, in short, say that he was a Senator from Minnesota who was a comedy writer and performer for many years on Saturday Night Live. He was also a writer of books like: "Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot and Other Observations." He left Congress when there all of the sexual allegations were going Hollywood and all of the political arenas. Franken had been accused of forcing a kiss on LeAnn Tweeden  without her consent while they were rehearsing for  a skit for a USO show in 2006. There were other allegations going around from others with similar claims and, after apologizing, he resigned. This was when sexual allegations and claims were coming out for people like: Harvey Weinstein, Donald Trump and Kevin Spacey (all of which have, since been all proven true). Franken apologized to Tweeden and encouraged a Senate investigations on his actions. He tried to stay in the Senate but the Senate was asking for his resignation because of the distractions it was causing (whether proven or not). Though no proof of these allegations was ever found he decided to leave rather than cause more upheaval. Franken's resignation speech included, "I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape about his history of sexual assault sits in the Oval Office." I was shocked when he stepped-down but it was a classy departure.

I am going to end now because I have a few things to get done. I am going to go, either today or tomorrow, to a few newspapers and try to get a job as a reporter again. In coming weeks I may even go to Rockford again and try to catch-on at the Rockford Register Star. That's a big paper and a very large town so there's lots of news to cover there. I will grab one of their papers while I am up there tomorrow. I love writing and I am nosy so what better job than getting back into that field?

Thanks for stopping by again; I always appreciate it even if I don't know if you're even here or not. TTTT...MITM (out) -30- (if you know what that means I will be very impressed). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment