Thursday, August 2, 2018

DMV - UGGGHHHHHH!

It is 10:57 and Jeff and I have had a pretty busy morning. so far. First, we went to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to get a renewal sticker for the 4Runner. I had the check made-out ahead of time so it would be a quick "give them the check and they would give me the sticker." I was excited to see that I was second in line. I left Jeff in the car and, of course, I left all four windows cracked. The "quick" give the check and get the sticker was not quick at all. There was a lady from the fire department renewing stickers and such. I saw several temporary plate placards so maybe they have some new vehicles? Then she told the two ladies that were waiting on her that the ambulance would need plates that had to have "ambulance" on them rather than "fire department." She kept calling someone at the fire department with questions. Why was this taking two people to handle?The line behind me kept getting longer and longer and soon eventually I stepped up to the counter and gave the lady the renewal form and the check and she printed the sticker/registration and I was on my way. On the way out the door I saw that the line had reached all the way to the parking lot. It should have taken about ten minutes but it turned-out taking about 45 minutes. After that Jeff and I went to PETCO  and got him some dog food and a bone. Jeff loves to go into stores and thinks he is a person. He got a treat at the counter after sitting and he got a second treat when I told the cashier that he can even give five. The guy told Jeff to "give me five" and Jeff gave him a high five. I didn't realize that he could even give high fives. So, then he got a third treat from the dude.
I see Illinois politicians don't need stickers (fair and equal?)

I did the bills this morning which always sucks. Jeff and I stopped by the post office and drove-up and put them in the drive-up mailbox. After that we went to Fabio's apartment and put the new sticker on the rear plate. I also put the registration inside of the 4Runner. After that we came home and I started writing this and Jeff ate the other treat
that I got for him at the pet store.

 Registration stickers seem so antiquated. I guess our state needs the renewal money to keep feeding the non-stop construction on our roads. That brings me to the thought of why we have to pay tolls on roads where we have to sit for hours and hours waiting for that person with the sign to turn it around so we can go rather than stop. I thing they should halt the tolls when they are not getting us to where we are going expeditiously. When the construction is not going-on charge the tolls, when the construction is happening charge the tolls. Seems simple to me though I know there would be confusion and different problems.I am going to try to meditate the issue away as there is nothing I can do about the issue.
Here are a few of our official state birds

I wonder if Cha Cha will want to go to Woodstock on Saturday? I do. She will get home from her business meetings in Evanston tonight. She might be meeting-up with Splenda before she comes home. I hope they do/can meet-up.

In about four-and-a-half hours my dad is picking me up on the way to Rockford. I am not sure how long we will be there and what all we will be doing though I do know the primary/main reason for our voyage. I will do my very best not to bring-up politics but I do get baited from time-to-time.

My work, finally, decided to approve my medical issue. I guess it is not the company I work with that has to do that rather it is an outside insurance company of some sort. I suppose that makes sense since they know nothing about us and there would be no prejudice for the good nor for the bad. It is just based on the doctors' notes and the the similar past issues, I imagine.

I am going to stop now because my brain is empty (as usual). Thank you, so very much, for stopping by. I hope you have a great of your day and night. I will be able to write again tomorrow unless I have to go over the the DMV for some reason. TTTT...MITM (out). Auf Wiedersehn!

No comments:

Post a Comment