Sunday, August 26, 2018

How About Salsa On Corn?

  It looks more like luge or bobsledding  
Happy Sunday. It's nice to be writing at 15:30 on a normal weekend day. When I go back to work I will be working Sundays again and probably won't write on those days. I am not sure when that will happen but I think I am getting a better. I have my second physical therapy day tomorrow and I just got done doing my home daily physical therapy that was prescribed. Ironically, the left knee aches while the right Achilles (which was the cause of all of these issues) seems much better.  The left knee, however, is getting better too.

Cornfest wraps-up today and, happily, I did not go. With all of the other places that would much more accommodating to eat corn on the cob they block off our downtown (Route 23). I suppose they do it this way so the students will become familiar with the businesses downtown to try to point some business that way. whatevs!
I am listening to the St. Louis Cardinals game and they are beating the Colorado Rockies 10 - 2 in the fourth inning. I really want to see the Cards make the playoffs and it seems like they will win one of the wild card spots.  I doubt that many of you will be surprised that I want St. Louis to make the playoffs. I will worry about the World Series again.

I already have $200 in the bank from donating plasma. I will have $300 in the account at the end of this week. $100 a week for two hours of work pumping my arm and watching movies on my phone isn't that bad. I am donating Tuesday and Friday this week. I am also doing two days of therapy ans visiting my dad for his physical therapy on my one free day. I will probably go over and visit my dad again Thursday at the place where he is staying for his physical therapy. Maybe I should become a physical therapist or a plasma technician.

There has been time for writing and I have been working on a few things. I think that, many times, these roadblocks that arise in our lives, offer us the chances to take a look around and reevaluate things and I have been doing some more writing besides the blog. I have been writing since I could write.

Just an update - the game is now in the sixth inning and the score is still 10 - 2.  And now back to the blog already in progress. Forget that last scoring update the score is now 12 -2: I hope they can hold on and win this one.

Tonight we will watch the new episode of Sharp Objects. We have to wait until it is done showing on HBO before we can watch it on HBONOW. Jill and I are pretty sure we know how it will end as they seem to telegraph quite a bit if you're paying attention. I pay attention unless I fall asleep. I think we know how it is going to end. Jill and I are like the Holmes and Watson of television series. I think I am Watson.

Matt Carpenter has just hit his fourth double today. That homemade salsa of his helps with home runs and doubles, apparently. Four doubles by one player in one game has not been done since 1930 something. Home runs and doubles are good for me.

I guess I am done for today. Thank you for stopping by. I will probably blog tomorrow after the PT. I know PT usually stands for Physical Training in the military but Physical Therapy is kind of the same thing I suppose. Have a great night. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment