Tuesday, August 7, 2018

I Feel Like I'm Beside Myself

I took a pain pill and my nightly sleeping pill within half-an-hour of one another and I slept like a rock. I would say "slept like a baby" and I did not wake up at all but babies usually wake-up crying from time-to-time. I didn't do it on purpose, rather, necessity I would say.

Dinner last night turned-out really well but I am afraid that I have set the bar high enough that I will not continue to meet my own expectations. Tonight I believe I will make something simple like flatbread pizzas with turkey pepperoni or something.

Burned-out with life is my new attitude of late. I feel like I am being screwed-over by many entities all stemming from a severed Achilles that I don't even know how happened. My leave is... hold on my dad is calling me... okay, it is eleven minutes and 53 seconds later and I am back. My leave goes through to the 13th of this month. I don't have any idea what can happen to fix this situation before then; that's only about one week from yesterday. I am going to have to call the podiatrist to see what the hell is going on and maybe have someone drive me over to my work tomorrow, Thursday or Friday. I am sure Fabio will be able to do that or my dad said he could do that. It is a lot of running around for him but he sounds lonely with my mom being gone and I think he likes to stay busy to keep himself occupied. It is easier to have Noah do it as he lives in town and works at the same place that I do (when I am not a gimp).
Now we're talkin'

Jill wants to go to Rockford on Saturday for a political rally for Sara Dady for Congress. They're calling it a "blue wave kick off party in Rockford." I told Jill that I would go since it was the eve of her birthday and all. I may even wear my pussy hat. I don't have a lot of occasions to wear it right now. The rally starts at 17:30 at Irish Rose Saloon on East State Street. We would still be able to go to Woodstock for our meditation before and have plenty of time to get to Rockford. Sounds like a fun day for a gimp and his driver. I immediately thought of The Usual Suspects when I typed that last sentence. Come on down (or up or over) if you can make it; I might even buy you an Irish whiskey or a Bailey's Irish Cream or something.

Sitting around the house most of the time gives me too much time to think. I am fairly certain that I suffer from depression and anxiety on some levels. Most people, I believe, have issues like this if they are compassionate, caring human beings. I have an appointment to see someone to talk about this but I don't remember when the appointment is scheduled. I am sure I put the date on my phone's calendar and, also, they always call everyone before appointments so I will not sweat that right now. Maybe moving to Canada will help, eh?

While I think and type I am watching a movie on Netflix called Enemy. It stars Jake Gyllenhaal and it's about a college history professor who sees his double in movie and thinks he may have a long, lost twin brother that he never even knew existed. So far it is really good but I am only about one-third the way through the movie. There's a lot of suspenseful music so I am assuming that some suspense will follow. I figure I will watch this and then head over the Walgreen's to get Jill's meds. That twins-thing makes me think that I should tell you that if you haven't seen Baskets on Hulu you should check that out when/if you get a chance. I have seen it before but I am catching-up again so when the new episodes begin I can hit the ground watching.

I am going to end now because I have to do some limping around. Thank you for stopping by; I hope everything goes well for you. I think I have to finish watching this movie before I leave the house. I cannot hang over this cliff for very long. TTTT...MITM (out) on the edge of my seat!

No comments:

Post a Comment