Friday, August 31, 2018

The Devil is in the Details!

I don't feel like writing but I am hoping it will cheer me up (that sentence was written about eight hours ago) and now I will continue now at nearly 16:00. I don't even remember why I was down in the dumps so I shall move on. That was even before I went over to donate plasma.

I went over and donated plasma (oh, wait there were complications). I began donating plasma and then some bell went off and they said some blood was getting in with my plasma. The lady "fixed it" and said that "if it happens again you won't be able to donate today." I got hooked-up and the bells and buzzers went off but I did not win the jackpot. So, I wasted my time loading my body with liquids and proteins... If it happens again I may not be able to donate again for like a month or something. I didn't do anything wrong - Now I know how the caped crusader feels. I have to rally and decide on my plan of attack. Do I wait longer  to donate? I still want to save lives so I will probably just go back on my next scheduled day and come what may.

After the plasma I went to Aurora to visit my dad at the place where he is staying for his physical therapy. On the way, I stopped by his house to get his bills and a few other things he requested. I also gave the cat more water and filled the four bowls of food and emptied the three litter pans. Dad also received many cards in the mail from friends... so I took those to him as well. Who doesn't like to get fan mail? We sat and talked for a few hours and politics came up a couple of times and I we didn't get into a row or an argument or a disagreement. I just used my skills of misdirection to do go other directions. We are polar opposites, politically, but this was not that bad, The center where he is says he can go home anytime but they suggested that he stay until Monday so that is what he has decided to do. All-in-all he is doing very well. I guess I will see him again Monday.
They even have Jill's Bombay Sapphire gin - front row!

I think Jill wants to go out for dinner but I just had a banana. I will probably pick a place and we will go have some dinner. I am thinking about Ellwood Streak and Fish House because they have blue cheese olives for the bloody marys and their food is fantastic. Sometimes we just eat in their 1879 Lounge. I am going to stop writing for now so we can do that and I can be back home by sixish to listen to the Cardinals' game.amuse yourself until I get back.

Nevermind - I am already back because she asked, "how about in an hour?" She didn't really ask it like a question so I guess we will leave here at about 17:30 or so. I will probably be asleep by then unless I keep myself busy but I was busy busy busy all day long and I don't want to be busy anymore today! Right before a holiday weekend.  I really hope I get to go back to work soon. Damn you people who were too lazy to coat Achilles' entire body! One more dip of the leg would have changed everything - EVERY THING! The devil is in the details.

I decided that I am not going to wake Cha Cha up if she is sleeping. I make a damn good grilled cheese sandwich. I will, however, be true to my word and grant her the hour she requested. I really do not have much more on my mind though I am afraid that, if I stop writing, I will fall asleep as well. There are less calories and more money in not going out to dinner I guess. Quite a dilemma my over thinking has gotten me into again.

I am going to end and do something or nothings. Thanks for stopping by. I think I can blog tomorrow TTT?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment