Tuesday, August 28, 2018

If you now what I blog!

Luckily I always put things on my calendar and I then check it regularly. I thought I had scheduled an appointment to donate plasma today but, when I checked the calendar, I see that it isn't until tomorrow. So, tomorrow I donate plasma and then I go to physical therapy right after. They are very close to one another so that is kind of convenient. I mean, it is great that I do check the calendar.

I just wrote that last sentence to say that I am so tired of people saying "I mean" at the beginning of a sentence. If people on the street say it I am not bothered by it but, I mean, to hear news reporters saying it to start most of their sentences that way drives me bonkers. I figure you mean it or you wouldn't be saying it. I do not get furious or anything but I think that their minds may not move fast enough to start a sentence without a jump start or a push. It's okay to slow down and think before you speak. I have been writing for many years after being educated in journalism and radio/television news and, perhaps, I set the bar too high? I know that there are many things about me that drive people crazy. If they're aren't than people aren't paying attention.

My dad just now called and he is not sure when I can pick him up to take home. As we were talking the physical therapist came to his room to, probably, take him to his physical therapy. I have something planned for just about every day this week and I told him to let me know what he finds out and I can rearrange my schedule or cancel an appointment to go over and bust him out.
Jeff just walked in with a Frisbee in his mouth. In case you are new to the blog - Jeff is not my son he is our dog. It was not really a Frisbee, as that is a product name so, I guess be came in with a flying disc that I bought at Petco. He has about ten Frisbees but most of them have quite a few teeth marks in them. I through it for him and he caught every single one while doing half-gainers and fosbury flops and whatever all the cool dogs are doing these days. He rarely misses. He jumps high in the air and brings it back for his trained person to throw it again. Then, when hos fur coat makes it too unbearable to continue he runs right past me with the disc in his mouth and goes right into the air-conditioned house. It worked out well because I need to stretch my Achilles tendon now and again.

I am still tired even though I feel that I slept well last night. Maybe the stuff-up nose is an indication of more fun things to come. I may as well go for the trifecta.

Last week I watched Darkest Hour on Amazon Video. What a great film. Brian Cox was amazing as Winston Churchill. When it was I watched Dunkirk again. what a great double-feature I had made myself. Today will be less exciting as I am going to do the bills. Supposedly, we are going to have very high winds and, perhaps, storms this afternoon and evening. I worry about Cha Cha driving home from hear the lake this afternoon or tonight. The weather people are not always correct so maybe it will miss us entirely. Hawaii was suppose to have been decimated over the past few weeks and they are still there. Earth is angry about how we treat her and I don't blame these temper tantrums at all. We all fight to live every single day in one way or another.

I am going to end now and do the dishes and many more exciting things like that. I hope you have a great day. I would do the same but I have other plans. Thank you for stopping by and if you are going to watch some movies do it before the end-of-the world, as we know it, arrives this afternoon and all of our satellites and such will leave us entertainless (that should be a word). TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment