Sunday, August 19, 2018

Rivalries (Good and Bad)

I will start with my dad's condition - he had several infected gallstones removed and they discovered that his gallbladder, in fact, was very much infected also so that was removed yesterday as well. I spoke to him this morning and he is going to have go to nursing home for a bit since I cannot stay with him because I am allergic to cats and there has been several cats live there over the years and it gets me as soon as I walk in the door. I have been checking that his one cat (Skeezicks) has enough water and food and I will continue to go there every day or two to keep the sustenance full. Dad sounded very upbeat and optimistic. He has started physical therapy and the person that he is working with told him that he has no problem at all doing stairs and such. I think everything will work out okay. I just looked for the origin of the word/name Skeezicks and it has been around for ever. I will not rob you of your joy of Googling.

With him being out of the hospital I can also call the physical therapist tomorrow to schedule my physical therapy for the Achilles tendon. what they have done so far has helped a great deal but I have a ways to go. I would call them today and get the ball rolling but it is Sunday and I am sure they are not there; I will call and see, however. I want to be a real boy again. I do notice that my left leg hurts behind the knee because, I assume, I have been making that leg do the lion's share of the work. I have warned that the therapy will not be very pleasant. Well, neither is walking like a Mel Brooks character.

Jill and I were just going over the political scene; what a mess we're in right now. I would have said that "we are in a pickle" but pickles do not deserve that abuse. I also have two appointments to donate plasma again this week. It made me happy to hear dad talking about all of the plasma he has been given. I wondered if, by chance, he had received any of the plasma that I have donated. Probably not but that just strengthens my resolve to continuing to donate; I just want to help whomever needs the plasma. Why not save or preserve a life or two here and there?!

One of the best rivalries in all of sports
I know many of you are Chicago Cubs' fans but I am happy that the Cardinals took care of business and are now in second place in the National League Central. It's always fun when two great rivals like the Cubs and the Cards can make a season even more exciting. It is always fun when the Cardinals and the Cubs are battling it out. That, to me, is one of the best rivalries in sports; probably because I am a Cardinals' fan and I have many friends who are Cubs' fans.
I am not going to go into politics today because that is an exhausting topic these days. I follow this circus more than I should, I think. It is entertaining and horrifying all at the same time these days. All I will say is that things HAVE TO change soon.

I am going to end now but I want to say that I am excited, for some odd reason, to watch "The Hunt For The Trump Tapes with Tom Arnold" starting September 18th on Viceland. I just started following The Hunt For The Trump Tapes on Twitter. I have always, kinda, found him funny though his ex-wife is a whacko. She was a pretty good stand-up comic before she became insane. Here is a clip if you're interested. The segment that follows with Arnold on Jimmy Kimmel's show is fascinating and humorous.

Okay, have a great Sunday. Thanks as always for stopping by for whatever I have to offer. TTTT...MITM (out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment