Friday, August 17, 2018

Abrupt Blog!

My goodness it is already 18:47 and I am just now able to start the blog. I may end and post abruptly so be forewarned.
I did not realize the gallbladder looked like a duck

I went to Rush Copley Hospital in Aurora today as my dad is in there with gallbladder issues. He called me yesterday and said he was there for gallstones. When I arrived he looked and acted great and he was watching old episodes (since there cannot be any new episodes) of The Ed Sullivan Show on the television in his hospital room. I remember watching that when I was just a wee lad. Anyway, getting back to the gallbladder, they were going to remove it today. We sat and talked a bit and he asked me if I would go over to his house to make sure his cat (yes, there is only one cat in that house now though he still feeds the strays on his back porch) had enough water. So, of course, I did and all if fine on the feline front. When I got back to the hospital the procedure was finished but they just removed the gallstones. Within the next day or two they are going to remove the gallbladder. So, tomorrow either Cha Cha and I or Fabio and I are going to go back there and take his car home and put it in his garage. I am not sure why he cannot just leave it in the parking lot at the hospital because they would not and did not say a word about that to him. But I want him to be calm about everything so I will abide.
I have every confidence in Dr. York

I had my appointment at Midwest Orthopedics Institute about my Achilles this morning. These people actually knew something about what is going on; I wish I would have just gone there in the first place. Long story short, I am out from work for, at least, another three weeks though they did not paint as bleak a picture as the other places that I had gone to prior to this stop had. I got a different boot that I am supposed to wear while I am inside the house and I am supposed to wear it while I sleep. So, of course, I will do that. I was also told to get some Salonpas (pain reliever) and will apply it soon. Oh yeah, I also have to do some pretty intensive physical therapy over there for the next three weeks (yikes). After the appointment I went to my work with the paperwork I was given and they sent it to the corporate insurance people. The guy who handled the paperwork had also been to Dr. York and he had nothing but great things to say also. I also got the Salonpas.

I am excited that Splenda is coming here tonight and we are going out to dinner. I am not sure if Fabio is going with us or not because Cha Cha is sleeping and Jeff and I are the only mammals that are not asleep here at the moment.

Oh yeah, I started donating plasma again this week. I donated twice and have two appointments set for this upcoming week. $50 a pop I get for that. I mention that because my dad mentioned how much plasma re received and I wondered if he got my plasma. I am sure there is no way of knowing that so I will say that he did get the plasma that I donated. I am such a life saver. If you are interested in donating plasma let me know and I call fill you in on the procedure...

I am going to end but just felt like I needed to blog. I think Jill and I are going to Woodstock again tomorrow because I need to meditate. I meditate before I donate plasma because he always makes sure that my blood pressure and other vitals are where they need in order to donate.

Okay, Jeff wants me to go out and throw a Frisbee for him so TTTT?...MITM (out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment