Thursday, August 9, 2018

Drink and Friends

Sorry that I didn't blog yesterday but I had a lot on my plate. Today I am blogging and I am on my fourth bloody mary (always with Absolut vodka and blue cheese olives). I first add Worcestershire sauce, pickle juice. horseradish, celery salt and hot sauce to the glass and then stir together. Then I had the ice and vodka for the count of three or four. Then I add tomato juice (I wish I had gotten bloody mary mix instead). I forgot to mention that I wet the rim of the glass and then dip it in celery salt.

My podiatrist just called and said that I can go back to work this coming week. Nothing has changed; I still have a torn Achilles tendon in the back of my right ankle and I am in continuous pain discomfort. I will go back and be in constant discomfort but I am going to ask to stop being a trainer and an ERT (Emergency Response Team) member. I cannot do the extra stuff: I will not be effective in those duties. If I cannot do the job properly I should not be doing the job. So, I go back to work on Wednesday and see how much discomfort I can endure. Pain was what I was in before I went to the doctor and pain is what I will be in when I left the doctor. I do, however, recommend choosing someone other than Dr. Neil Levin if you have feet or Achilles issues in the DeKalb/Sycamore areas. I may try see another podiatrist  because I think he is a dimwit or too busy or just in it for the money and not the helping others as the Hippocratic Oath suggests.

I am tried or maybe a bit tipsy or, perhaps,  a bit of both. For some reason I am watching Bagger Vance; I think it is because I like golf and I like this movie. I know I like Matt Damon and I know I like Will Smith.

I saw Vice President Mike Pence talking about the Space Force earlier today. Though he seems much smarter and more compassionate than knucklehead Donald Trump he still sounded like a moron. At the very least he sounded sane. He is trying to sound Presidential since Trump cannot be reelected.

I am tired and tipsie (or however that is supposed to be spelled) and disillusioned. I am glad and happy to have a great mate to travel this journey with and great children and super friends like you. I a don't think I deserve any of you but I am grateful for you all. Drinking always makes me feel more loving; I am a happy drunk. I want more bloody marys but I don't want bed-spins.

I am going to end now because it seems like time to end with the storms coming in and all. Thank you for stopping by; I love that you give me reason for me to write; I do not take your friendship lightly. TTTT...MITM out. TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment