Monday, August 27, 2018

It's Only a Flesh Blog!

 I need to get one of these shirts for plasma donation days 
Kind of lonely today. Jill will be in Evanston for the next two days and it's just Jeff and me. The only excitement for today was the torture of physical therapy. Tomorrow I get the excitement of donating plasma again. I have made $200 over the past two weeks and, today, I cashed some of it in and deposited the cash into the bank account. I still have $15 in the BioLife account and I will have another hundred in by Friday. I will probably wait until the end of next week and transfer another $200 into our the bank account then. The plasma donation I made on Friday was almost a bust. They have been training new people and the person stuck the needle in my left arm and it began to bleed after I got going. I called her over and showed her the blood running down my forearm. They stuck me again in the same arm and more blood. So they decided to try my other arm and all went well. If they were not able to get that one going I was going to walk away with bupkus. Makes no sense that, if they screw it up, I get nothing but some blood-loss and a whole on my arm.

I watched the movie Year One last night. It was kind of ridiculous but I could not believe how many comic actors and such were in the movie. I guess when Harold Ramis and Judd Apatow put something together and they come to you to be in the film you'd kind of be an idiot not to jump on board. I would not even need to see the script to say "yes!" Not a great movie but not an entire waste of time either. I did laugh several times.

I think I mentioned Sharp Objects in yesterday's blog and Cha Cha and I watched the season finale last night. I would say series finale but that may not be the case as you will read as you go on to the next sentences. We were pretty much right about how it was going to end. So, now that this one is over they will start an entire new show. As I understand, the new show will be a total different premise (if that is the right word). It's kind of like a Twilight Zone deal where the next show will be non-related but still creepyish. The Twilight Zone didn't last several weeks though.There have been a lot of show like that; I guess The Outer Limits was that way and there were many others.

I really want to get back to work but I must be 100% before I can return as there is no light duty at my place of employment. I am getting better, with the physical therapy and the natural healing of the body doing it's job, but it is a slow process. Or, as my dad use to say when I was a yute, "a slow row to hoe." Speaking of dad, he is doing pretty well. I was there on Friday and he is performing better than most of the staff thought he would be doing by now. I will head over to see him again on Thursday and see him do his physical therapy. I also have to pay the JEEP registration that day. Perhaps I will do that tomorrow while I am over in that direction for my bloodletting. Cha Cha sent me a message asking me to pick up her medicine. I will do that tomorrow after the vampires are done with me. I just added the medicine thing to my phone's calendar.

I am sitting in the Tiki Room writing this and our chipmunk friend just ran by the patio door. Ha, there he/she went again. Jill and I both love sitting out here. We have rabbits and squirrels and chipmunk(s) and birds galore. I am so happy that we have all of these large trees to offer refuge and food for these critters. We have one bird that regularly comes here that looks like a baby toucan though I doubt that is it's breed. It may just be a female cardinal with a Jimmy Durante beak. Ah Chachachacha...

Man, it is already nearly 18:00. It's weird with no noise in the house at all. I just hear the trees rustling and I did also hear a chirping noise that is either the leaves blowing across the patio or the chipmunk making whatever the noise a chipmunk makes. 

I will wrap this up as it is a blog and not a term paper. Thank you, so very kindly, for coming by. If you're in the area and get bored shoot me a message and see if I am here if you want to stop on by. I am already in my pajamas as I plan on doing just about nothing when I am done writing this blog. I could get into something else if you're en route. I do need to get some protein in me so I am good to go for plasma time tomorrow. I will also do some carbs and hydration in the morning. Thanks again. TTTT...MITM (out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment