Monday, October 31, 2011

The Curse of the Mattbino!

Maybe becoming "living dead" isn't so bad
Happy Halloween. I still need to sleep a little more but I am breaking my sleep in two for several reasons. It's kind like a Kit Kat that you get while trick-or-treating. It's hard for me to think that sleeping like Count Chocula, while the sun is up, is really sleep and not just a nap. As soon as I get this down well I know I will be ready to graduate from Chocula to Blacula (not the guy from Quantum Leap - the vampire)! If vampires are so scary are terrible why are there so many that we love like: Count Chocula and The Count and The Rolling Stones. and Selma Hayek in Dusk to Dawn..?

I am working on editing the Dirty Laundry Podcast and hope to have it up pretty soon. It's is partially a Halloween episode. Maye I will have it up by trick-or-treat time and I can play it from the speakers from one of the windows and scare all of the kids. If it's not ready i could just play any one of the episodes.

Friday night Cha Cha went over to see MADYM so I went out on a date. The person I went out with was pretty boring but we went to see The Rum Diary. Fabio and some of his friends went to see Paranormal Activity 3 and I drove them to the theater in the hearse. Since I was alone on a Friday night and was at the theater I decided to watch a movie and then I could just take them home after the show. The Rum Diary was very good. I don't know if it's for everyone but I could relate to most of the story. I have written for several newspapers (though not in Puerto Rico), I think I may have the same car (even the same color) they drive in the movie, I have an affinity for Rum, I write a diary (this blog), I love tropical locales, I get mistaken for Johnny Depp all the time.... I doubt the movie is for everyone but I found it very good. I even laughed out loud a couple of times; isn't laughing out loud while alone a sign of insanity?
Ours has doors and front seats though

For some reason Fabio has a half day of school today so he and I are gonna run over to Subway to get lunch. Why have a half-day on Halloween? Wouldn't it be better to have a half-day on the day after Halloween? what in the Helser is "teachers institute anyway?" I am not sure if that is what today is but I always wondered what teachers institute was.

I was thinking about the Texas Rangers while the World Series was going on and I knew they wouldn't win the Series. You know how they say the Chicago Cubs are cursed because they wouldn't let the billy goat into the baseball game (that really is the legend if you don't know)? I think karma has it out for the Texas Rangers too. They have lost two Series' in a row. maybe partially because George W. Bush was their owner but more so because of something I learned when I was on a stadium tour of the Washington Nationals' stadium. The Texas Rangers were originally the Washington Senators before they moved to Arlington Texas. The Texas Senators didn't sound right since most politicians from Texas are whack-jobs so they changed their name to the Rangers. When Washington D. C. got a new baseball franchise they thought it would be cool as a name and for history to have their team be called the Senators. But...guess who owns the rights to the name The Senators?  The Texas Rangers who will never win a Series as long as they don't  relinquish the name to it's rightful city.  This is a little known baseball curse and I am actually just start it but just know where the legend of the Texas Rangers' curse began when your great grandchildren ask you about it one day. It was back in twenty ought eleven when a very little know blogger name Matt In The Middle.... Sports is all about superstitions and lies so i thought I would start a new one. Please help me make this one grow by passing it on! During the series they kept showing the new owner in the stands and I kept thinking....stay greedy and stay out of Cooperstown as a World Series champion...maybe I shoudl send him a letter and change baseball history? I will say that I put the curse on the Rangers so I can be part of baseball lore too.

Alright enough for today I have to feed Fabio and get the podcast up. I will let you know when it's ready. have a safe and fattening Halloween. We have M&M's (three kinds), Kit-Kats (three kinds), Snickers,  Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Twix bars so our house may be a good one to start at. They are the minis but mention Matt In The Middle or Dirty Laundry Podcast and receive two! While supplies last. TTTT...MITM (out to try not to eat any Halloween candy and stop Fabio from doing the same so we don't have to hand out pennies or rocks)!

No comments:

Post a Comment