Thursday, October 20, 2011

Did Neanderthals Smoke? They Were in Great Shape!

My new work I.D. photo
Good morning...holy mackerel is it afternoon already? My world is still a little topsy-turvy with days as nights and nights as days and off as on and on as off. I think I am smell a Matt In The Hat verse coming before this blog is over.

I was doing some reading from a book last night. You remember books - they were those things before television and the internet and hand-held devises we used to look at to pass the time and learn stuff. I was reading about Charles Darwin and David Livingstone and Thomas Huxley; all Naturalists. I learned something that I never realized I never knew and that never really questioned. I learned where the term Neanderthal Man comes from. I knew it had to be in reference to the location where the first human skull...was discovered but I found that it was in the Neanderthal Valley of Germany that the first Neanderthal skullcap was discovered. It makes sense that Neanderthal Man and I come from the same region/county. I guess I should just have checked my birth certificate.

The St. Louis Cardinals won game one of the World Series last night. As you can imagine...Me happy! (that's Neanderthal for I was extremely excited to see them win game one of the Fall Classic)

I think I have found another benefit to smoking (sort of). I have never smoked cigarettes in my life and I never will smoke but I have always noticed that most smokers are thin. I figured that: cigarettes are so expensive that they cannot afford food or they have killed their taste buds and they cannot taste food so they figured why bother but I have noticed another benefit that is sort of an off-shoot of the smokers are thinner observation. Now with the new laws in most of America smokers are forced to get more excercise. If you are a law-abiding member of society that smokes you are now required to smoke outside in most public buildings (at least in my state of Illinois). If you smoke, and I have no idea what is average, four pack a day and there are 20 cigarettes in a pack (again I am guessing) you have to take at least 80 walks outside a day. Who says smoking isn't healthy? Now smoking is forcing you to excercise.  I should patent/trademark/copyright this idea...maybe make a commercial for the Dirty Laundry Podcast - we did have a smoking commercial on there this week...now we need to make our own.
I disagree - smoking IS exercising
It's been hard to try to get my work-outs figured into my days this last week. I figure it's going to be a couple of weeks before I am totally accustomed to my new schedule; I don't work the same days every week with this new job so planning that is totally new to me. There is a set formula for days I work and don't work but it doesn't always equate to working the same days each week. I will get it all worked out with my Neanderthal mind...maybe I should start smoking for the excercise.

I have been looking for work every day for the last 2 1/2 years and I am clearly a creature of habit and routine. I have trained myself to look for a job so much that when I read the newspaper, there I go with that fancy reading again, I cannot help but turn to the help-wanted section. I am sure this will pass but maybe I should just keep in practice of doing this just in case. I love my new job but you never know what's out there unless you are looking. If you're not always looking for your dream job I guess you'll never find it. It's really nice not to have the pressure of HAVING to look though.

I do not work today or tomorrow so I think I will be able to blog in the morning tomorrow. Unless my clock is already screwed-up and then it may be like Groundhog's Blog! Have a nice rest of your Thursday and remember to root for the Cardinals tonight and think good, positive thoughts for Twain tomorrow (see yesterday's blog for details on the Twain thoughts). Thank you for stopping by and for your patience in my new schedule. I know you have always been loyal and I don't intend to let you down. TTTT...MITM (out - just plain out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment