Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Denied Again, Naturally!

Guten Tag! Wie heist du? I don't know why but I just feel German this morning. Five years of German in school (high school and college) and I never get to use it. I wish I had taken more than one year of Spanish instead.

I just got back from ATTEMPTING to donate plasma and I was DENIED! I have been able to donate for the last five times without incident - meaning my protein level was high enough. I figured because I have been eating meat and taking extra iron supplements throughout the day I thought I had figured out and licked my protein deficiency. I was wrong. Today when I went to sign in the computer screen said to see a center employee. Last Tuesday was the yearly time where they had to take a sample of my blood and send it to the lab for analysis...who am I Steve Austin (not the wrestler one - the bionic one)? So, even though my protein level was high enough that day according to their tests they do at the time of the donation the lab said my protein level was 5.6 when it must be at least 6.0 to donate so now I have to have it drawn and wait for the results from the lab before I can donate again. I decided to wait and think about if it's even worth it. Donating plasma seems to actually be depleting my protein level and even though I love the idea that I am helping people with my protein maybe I am hurting myself in the process. Another nice thing is that I can work-out this morning because I didn't donate plasma. The benefits of not donating are two-fold.

As predicted here a couple of months ago Cher decided to be an audience guest on Dancing with the Stars even though she and the show denied that would happen when Chaz Bono decided to be a contestant (not much of a wild prediction though). They actually think that we are a bunch or morons don't they? Maybe we I am since I am giving them the attention that they are trying to get. I have never watched the show but I cannot help but hear about it in the news: Nancy Grace's nipple-slip, so-and-so falling down, what's her name lost 1,000 pounds while dancing on the show (duh), some former athlete actually being light on his feet (duh), transgender people possibly not being able to be contestants because of public ignorance... Maybe all of those things were staged just to create viewership - do you think?

The Dirty Laundry Podcast is ready for your torture enjoyment. I think everyone should have a podcast. Tell me when yours is available and I will listen to it immediately.

My fantasy football team is now 5-0 and my St. Louis Cardinals are tied in the NLCS (National League Championship Series). The Cardinals were the National League wildcard team and remember who the NFL wilcard team was last season? The world champion Green Bay Packers! The Cardinals are gonna win it all again this season (if I blog it here - it shall be so!!!). The Chicago Bulls would be poised to make another run at an NBA title but the season is still in jeopardy. Yesterday it was decided that the first two weeks of the season will be canceled. Now we'll see if they can come up with an agreement to possibly have any season at all. The MIDDLEwest is dominating professional sports right now so let's get the differences worked-out so Da Bulls can win a trophy!

Okay - I am going to work-out and clean out the garage so we are ready for winter which will be here before we know it. Have a fantastic day and make sure to listen to Cha Cha and I so we can keep you company for a little while. Thank you for stopping by again today. You are the reason I keep writing and I really appreciate that and you. TTTT...MITM (go Cards!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment