Thursday, October 6, 2011

Extra, Extra Blog All About It!!!

Director and two of the stars of the new film I'm shooting Saturday
Top of the blog to ya!

This weekend is Fabio's first high school homecoming. I must say that I am proud of him for having the courage to ask a girl to the dance as a freshman. You are probably not going to believe this but I never had the guts as a freshman to ask a girl out. I think my entire high school "stint" I only asked two girls out. One said she couldn't because she had to babysit - I took that as a lie, whether it was or not. The other one was a freshman when I was a senior and we dated most of my high school senior year. Hard to believe that this is the same guy that approached a perfect stranger in a bar and interviewed him for Dirty Laundry Podcast huh? Maybe I am making up for lost time or maybe I should have started drinking alcohol in junior high school (that is just a joke for you young impressionable non-alcohol-aged readers out there). Anyway, we thought we had Fabio's stuff all planned out with photos here and dinner reservations and driving them to and from the dance and last night I find out that the girl's parents got them a limo and they are going to have dinner at someone's house so I am going to be in a movie instead. I also passed up going to a party that I really wanted to go to, though it may not be too late to reconsider that invite, for this because family comes first. Cha Cha is probably going to go take pictures but we cannot get any information out of Fabio - do we have to take him somewhere or is the limo picking him up here? We know nothing, nothing. We have threatened that if he doesn't tell us the details we are going to ask his date on The Facebook (she already "friended" both of us).
It is big but $100,000 big?
So, instead of having to deal with the homecoming thing I am going to be in a scene/scenes in the yet to be titled Dennis Quaid, Zac Efron, Heather Graham... film with the current working title of "Untitled Ramin Bahrani Farm Film." That makes sense since it is being directed by Ramin Bahrani and it's about a farm family being filmed in the midst of a bunch of farm fields. I am just an extra but aren't those the best parts? Extra sprinkles or extra fries or extra large or extra cheese or extra ordinary or extra extra read all about it? It is an outdoor scene that is supposed to take place in July so I hope it is a nice day Saturday so I don't freeze out there; we have to dress like it's July. I guess if I get red from the cold it will just look like sunburn in the film huh? If you want to be a part of it I can make that happen - I seriously can make that happen...let me know if you want to go with me. (it is a non-paying gig though) You ought to be in pictures!

Since they're probably running out of places to eat at in DeKalb Zac Efron and Heather Graham went to a night club in Chicago last night (The Board Room) and were eating dinner with a bunch of us other of the people from the movie we're shooting and the son of a Russian billionaire sent us them over a 15 litre bottle of Armand de Brignac Nebuchadnezzar Champagne, also known as "Ace of Spades." This is the same stuff that The Boston Bruins took slack for when we they went out and ordered a $100,000 bottle of Ace of Spades Midas Champagne while celebrating the Stanley Cup title. This stuff must be the bomb - they get a lot of free press just by people ordering it. Another lucky waitress got a $20,000+ tip.

I heard that Sarah paling announced that she is not going to run for President. That's an announcement? We ALL knew that.
Another Jobs lost (Steve Jobs)
Apple founder Steve Jobs died yesterday after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. He seemed like a pretty good guy to me. Without him I wouldn't be writing this blog right now (I am using an Apple Mac computer) and our podcast would probably be different each week as we use Garage Band on our Apple computer to record it. I suppose we could use Audacity on a PC but for now we don't. Jobs and Bill Gates both seem/seemed like regular guys though I imagine that they weren't/aren't. Most regular guys aren't worth two quadrillion dollars. They just both seem/seemed to care about the well-being of humanity and both appear/appeared to be very charitable men. Just like anyone who gets to the top of their field I am sure there would be many stories from bitter people who would disagree but that is my outsider's perspective. I think Jobs will be missed.

Now that I am thinking computers I am thinking, "why is The Facebook changing their site all the time?" Is it free publicity when people complain? There's no such thing as bad press? I know it probably has to do with marketing and a way for them to gather more data about us so some rich dudes can keep getting richer but it is getting very irritating. I can't find everything. One of the great complaints about computers is that old people can't/won't use them because they are too difficult to understand and now we MIDDLE people, at least me. can't keep figuring out The Facebook changes. All these young whipper-snappers and their new-fangled fancy contraptions. I cannot wait until Google makes their social network site and The Facebook goes the way of MySpace.

Thanks, as always, for spending a little time with me today. If you live withing the area or can be to the area by 10:00 Am or so Saturday morning let me know if you want to be in a movie as an extra (unpaid but who knows, maybe you're the one they are looking for. (Remember Schwab's Pharmacy). TTTT...MITM (out to get a new car and practice my lines for the film - that last part was acting/lying).

No comments:

Post a Comment