Monday, October 3, 2011

Αριστοτέλης "Τέλι" Σαββάλας' (allegedly)

I am the new Spice Girl!
It's Monday and I am a bit tired. This weekend was the weekend that we spent in Chicago at the Union League Club of Chicago (of extraordinary men) for my buddy Shook's wedding. We had a great time. Got to see some friends that I hadn't seen in a long time and make some new ones. Got to dance like a maniac for several hours. Got to feel like a caveman many times in search of food. Open bar made me care even less about not finding food. I drank "healthy" drinks - mainly bloody marys and screwdrivers. Other than the ethanol in the Absolut it was mainly fruit (orange) and vegetables (tomatoes, potatoes and olives) so I think I did pretty well. What a great time!!!

The Union League Club was very nice but I have a feeling that it is a snobatorium most of the time. I don't remember why we left the dancing but I think it was in search of food. So we went to one of the bars in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen hotel (Rendezvous) to try to get some food but instead we ran into Αριστοτέλης "Τέλι" Σαββάλας's nephew (that's Greek for Arestotelis "Telly" Savalas). It took a bit of doing but Cha Cha and I interviewed Telly's nephew Pete for the podcast. You might ask yourselves questions like: why do I want to hear from Telly Savalas' nephew, how did you find out this dude in a bar was Telly's nephew, how did you podcast while at a wedding, why did it take a bit of doing...? The answers are: he is the man that George Clooney's character was based on in the movie Up In The Air (allegedly), his friends told me after I drunkenly yelled to him across the bar that I liked his shirt, I had my recorder with me (pod on the street interview) and it took so long because I was so happy with libation that I couldn't figure out how to get my own recorder that I have used many times to work. We haven't recorded this week's Dirty Laundry Podcast yet but we will do that tonight and have that up by tomorrow...you will want to hear it (I think)...I work pretty well while "spirited." Good thing I am a happy gregarious drunk. I just now listened to the "interview" for the first time and it actually is very interesting so I think I pretty much could do the podcast in my sleep and drunk now (as long as Cha Cha and MADYM were by my sides to be my eyes, ears, brains and guide rails). 



I heard on the radio this morning that Mexico is working on a new marriage law that will allow people to set lengths of the terms of marriages. There is a minimum of two years that you have to be married but at the designated time that you're "marriage contract" (talk about taking the term to a whole different level) your marriage is over. Cha Cha and I have many friends and acquaintances who have or are currently going through divorces and I guess this would have solved many of the issues these people face. I have not been able to wrap my grain alcohol soaked pea brain around this fully yet but I am sure we will talk about this on the podcast too. Mexico is one of the most religious countries that I can think of (ironic with all of the crime and drugs...) so this doesn't seem to make sense to me. There is something behind this that I will figure out. My initial thought is that maybe it has to so with marrying to gain United States citizenship without having to go through the rest of your life "married" to someone you don't even know or love. I always figure most people are up to something - probably because I am always up to something. The old "the thief always thinks he's being robbed" theory.
Dancing cheek-to-cheek (not "in the sheets") with my boy Don

Sorry, these are very long paragraphs (TWSS). Today is laundry day, more ways than one, so I am doing lots of wash and then going to the laundro-MATT-in-the-MIDDLE to do the drying of all of the clothes. We are gonna get a new dryer later this week; my guess is taking wet clothes to the laundromat in the winter wouldn't be as enjoyable. I also have to take my tux back. I looked through the photos and I only have one with me in my tuxedo and it's with me dancing cheek-to-cheek with another dude (photo by MADYM - the new head of MITM and Dirty Laundry marketing). 

Have a great day and I will let you know when the podcast is up so you can decide if you ever want to party with Cha Cha and I - forget that rhetoric....who wouldn't? TTTT...MITM (out and about) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment