Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Playboys and Muppets (oh my)!

Hippity Hoppity Playboy's on it's way (OUT)!
Hit it Roz
I know it's hard to believe but I am actually able to blog in the morning today. Roz is on shuffle while I write this morning and she started off with the first song she is playing for me and when I get done writing this blog I will put the last song at the end of the blog - could be almost anything.

Late night last night I watched the DVR of Playboy Club that was recorded Monnight. I still like the show though I am starting to like Pan Am quite a bit more but it's still early in both series' lives. Just like all living beings, however, some lives last longer than others. This week's Playboy Club was, I believe, the third show and I heard this morning that NBC has decided to drop the series already due to low viewership. How can a show get a large viewership immediately when it's up against Hawaii Five-0 and we now have hundreds and hundreds of channel options? From what my sources tell me they are continuing to film the show in hopes that another network will pick them up. Hugh Hefner said that he wished the show had been played on a cable network channel so they could attract the proper audience (what about The Playboy Channel?). Shows like Deadwood and Boardwalk Empire and Mildred Pierce... did/are doing very well doing this by being on the premium cable channels because they can be more true with the language, violence and skin. I need to know the ends of these story lines or I will have to make them up myself though I would probably do at least as well as the writers of the show.

Okay so that show is over and now one of the longest-running series in television series, The Simpsons, may soon be over. The show's producers/powers-that-be are telling the actors (voices) that they will need to take a 45% pay cut in order for the show to keep going. 45% of $8,000,000 is $3,600,000. How can anyone survive on only $4,400,000 per year these days? As long as I am on the money-aspect of the entertainment industry, and I know I talked about this when the NFL season was in fear of not happening this season, the NBA players and owners are in money disputes and it seems like the NBA season will, at the very least, be delayed if not entirely scrapped. I am hearing about players like Kobe Bryant and Derek Rose are already looking for teams to play with in Europe but this could just be a posturing move to try to force a resolution. I am sure that professional athletes want to keep playing in a competitive environment - use it or lose it. Use it or lose fans and revenue.
New Muppet Lily with Elmo

It seems that I am in an entertainment-mode so I will continue in that vein. Sesame Street, which has been running A LOT longer than The Simpsons (maybe Playboy Club should change their name to a show that starts with an "S"), is introducing a new Muppet. On October 9th the PBS show will feature a prime-time show entitles "Growing Hope Against Hunger" where they will introduce Lily - a poverty-stricken Muppet. The show will feature country music star Brad Paisley and will have real children who are experiencing hunger issues telling how their families battle issues of finding food every day. It seems that we have sheltered our children from the realities of life and that may be part of the problem with our current economic issues in America which, in turn, lead to hunger and health and basic survival issues for many every day. We should probably face some harsh realities. Maybe Cookie Monster could quit being such a glutton and share some cookies once in awhile or maybe the bazillionaires from The Simpsons and the NBA (players and owners) could "spare a dime." I think I will set up the DVR as soon as I get done here for that Sesame Street special, which will be very soon, to record this show.

I have lots and lots to do today so I am off. Have a nice day and thank you for stopping by today. If you haven't listened the new Dirty Laundry Podcast it is fully-operational at defcon 5. Do something nice for someone today - including yourself.  TTTT...MITM (out)
Play them the song you're playing now Roz! (ironic I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment