Friday, October 7, 2011

Guacamole and Poe - perfect combo or 60's music group?

I won't say "Nevermore" but not this year again!
It's Friday!!!! Do you know what else it is today? It is the anniversary of the death of Edgar Allan Poe. This is the third year in a row that I wasn't able to make it there to put a rose and a "glass of wine" (it's actually a partially filled bottle of cognac but everyone is calling it wine) on his tombstone. I heard in the press that "the mystery person" who has done this for years has not done it for the last three years. You know, this year it's on a Friday and the Baltimore Ravens have a bye this week so I decided not to do it again this year. If I could have caught an Orioles or a Ravens game I may have done it this year but the Orioles didn't make the play-offs and the Ravens have the week off. Last year if I remember correctly the Ravens had an away game. The rumor is that "The mystery person" is spooked from doing it because he wishes to keep his identity secret and with infrared cameras and such now I am afraid to be exposed (no pun intended). I am announcing that I am the person who has been putting the glass of cognac and the roses on Edgar Allan Poe's grave for the past 17 years. I took over for the person who had been doing it for the previous 43 years but they could no longer perform their self-imposed duty due to age and illness and I was recruited to take over - I will go to my death with the secret identity of the person who started my yearly pilgrimage and I will be back. I also stopped doing it because I don't want to get caught and be coerced and tortured into revealing the original person's identity as it was a blood-oath. I did drink half a bottle of cognac and toasted Poe though! They are calling me "The Toaster" but I prefer "Milton" or maybe "The Poester."

On sort of a related note Cha Cha and I are talking about taking a ride one of these days in to Ernest Hemmingway's birthplace/home in Oak Park. Now that we got our new car yesterday we are dying to drive somewhere. I will tell you about the car later in the blog because if I put another photo this close to me on Poe's grave it will be very cramped here. Maybe we should go back down to Twain's house in Hannibal too since we were unable to get down there on July 4th. Be ready Nature Girl...we may be coming your way!!!

Tomorrow is the day I begin the long trek (or the fast track) to my Hollywood career. We are filming a race scene, probably most of the day, that will appear in the upcoming Dennis Quaid, Zac Efron, Heather Graham...film (still untitled). I am not going to go into great detail because I wrote about it yesterday and you can scroll down for more info to yesterday's blog. I just want to mention it again because I can bring a friend or two or six so let me know if you want a chance to be on the cutting-room floor with me (TWSS). I like to meet new friends but I like to be with old ones like you too.

So yesterday  we went and bought our new Fiat 500C. It is a pretty cool LITTLE car. Today I drove it over when I donated plasma and behind me was a Honda Fit and behind that car was a Mini Cooper. Way to go MIDDLE America - we're finally slowly getting our acts together. Now fuel prices have dropped recently but too late oil gasholes (patent/trademark/copyright)...we're using less fuel for the price and because it's the responsible thing to do. You guys keep trying to kill the world and we will continue to try to save it. It's primarily Cha Cha's car because she has a pretty good commute to work every day so she made most of the choices on the car - I advised where she wished or I felt necessary but she decided on the color and the transmission. She originally was going to go with a primarily white car with a standard transmission. she decided to get a chartreuse (I say it looks like guacamole so I call it guacamole-colored) with a beige retractable/convertible top. It's a pretty cool car though it is very tiny. I am sure we will talk a lot about it on this week's podcast.
The Guacamobile (patent/trademark/copyrights pending)!

Enjoy today's weather in the MIDDLEwest of America today; it won't be too long before we're buried up to our shingles in snow. I hope Mick in Ireland and Jennifer in Portugal and Lawrence in Ontario are having great weather today too and wherever you are hope you are having a great day. Thanks for spending a few minutes to read my lies and bragging - I always appreciate it. I hear my lunch calling me. we may actually record the podcast tonight for a change so if you have any questions or comments please post them on the Dirty Laundry Podcast facebook page or at www.dirtylaundrypodcast.com today sometime. TTT (maybe Sunday?)...MITM (into the wild blue yonder).

No comments:

Post a Comment