Monday, October 17, 2011

The Things I Can't Tell You Blog

I just got home from the first day of my new job, actually orientation and training, and I cannot tell you much more than that. I am not allowed to talk to the press about anything about my job and since this blog and the podcast are sorta press I cannot blog about my job. I am not sure if me blogging that I cannot blog about it constitutes talking about it to the media but I will take the chance that blogging about not talking about it is not talking about it.

I hope you did well this morning without my morning blog. I will still blog every week day but I have to get into a routine because I don't work regular and consistent hours (that's not talking about the job either). So, the blog may be posted at different times on different days but you will be able to figure that out.

Saturday was a long work day back at my part-time job. I worked a football game and then went immediately to work the Kansas concert.  I worked 11 part-time hours. Kansas was/were very good. They played all of the songs I remember as a yute. The band stayed after the concert and signed autographs for anybody who wanted them which I thought was pretty cool. They even thanked me for just being me I guess. Nice guys and good music. I should have asked them to be on the podcast but A) that would have been unprofessional B) against the rules and. C) I was too tired.

I haven't been on The Facebook for a couple of days so before I started the blog I took a quick peek and saw I got poked twice and I repoked the pokeys (and the Gumbys). I also got a message from one of my gal pals that she had been behind on the blogs and just got caught back up so a big BLOG-OUT to QMII (she liked that I switched to the fancy Roman numerals). When in blog do as the Romans do!

We recorded the Dirty Laundry Podcast tonight and after I get done posting this I have to edit that and try to get it up tonight (TWSS) or tomorrow morning at least. As usual I will bug you when it's up (as I always do when I get it up).

I have to figure out dinner for the gang. I am thinking maybe doing so carry-out somewhere. I am a working man again and I don't have time for birthin' no babies figuring out dinner tonight. After tonight it shouldn't be a problem because I pretty much know my irregular schedule going forward. I can't tell you because I can't talk about it! quit asking already will ya?

I am in fear of losing my first fantasy football game this week. I have my lowest score of the year and the guy I am playing has three players playing tonight and I am only up by 23 points right now. Fortunately it looks like the teams in my division that are right behind me are going to lose as well so I will stay solely in first place. These damn bye weeks are killing me but they are just about all done for me and I will be back to full-strength. On a happier sports note my St. Louis Cardinals are going back to the World Series after beating The Brewers 12-6 last night. I fell asleep on the couch watching the game but woke up while Albert Pujols was getting champagne poured on him so I took that as a good sign and fell back asleep (in bed though).
That was sure a blog about nothing. I will be able to blog in the morning tomorrow and maybe the next day too but I will try to keep you posted (pun intended) the day before because I know you plan your entire life around this blog. Thanks for letting me tell you nothing today - I always like that you stop on by. Have a super Monnight and please root against the Jets' defense, Santonio Holmes and Daniel Thomas - in short, root against The Jets (don't tell Jay Cole I said that). TTTT...MITM (out to hunt and gather) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment