Monday, October 10, 2011

CIAOLOHA!

Ciao!!! (that's a great word - just like Aloha - it means hello and goodbye though Aloha also means love. I have decided to combine the two world to make a mega-word....Ciaoloha! Happy Columbus Day Monday. I am blogging very early today because I fell asleep on the couch last night watching football and didn't take my Benadryl. There have been several theories as to why I don't sleep at night but I am pretty sure I know the true reason after months and months of experimentation. It is definitely due to allergies. On the nights I take an allergy pill I sleep through the night. Last night I did not take the pill and I woke up at 3:00AM stuffed-up with a terrible sinus headache. I also had the window open next to the couch so the night pollen or whatever floats around sneakily while we slept crept into my sinus passages. Also, my parents have been on vacation for a couple of weeks and I go feed their cats while they are gone and I have developed an allergy to something feline-related over the past couple of years too. Thankfully they will be home today.
The reason men don't ask for directions

Fabio has school today even though it's Columbus Day. I am not really sure why Columbus Day is a holiday. I guess since we have an Italian car now (Fiat) we should celebrate it on Mattgarita Island though. I mentioned that on the Dirty Laundry Podcast that we recorded yesterday that Columbus thought he was in India when he arrived here which is why the Native Americans were called Indians until very recently. He was the first man on record who went on vacation but wouldn't admit he was lost and stop to ask for directions.  When Columbus arrived here if he hadn't thought he had arrived in The Indies I wonder what the Native Americans would have been called. New Worldians maybe? Actually Columbus referred to the Native Americans as "the people of God" so where did the term Indians come from? In Italian "the people of God" is said "una geste in Dios" which some people have declared is the reason that the people of Spain started calling the natives Indians because it sounds like "Indians." I am sure there's little chance of ever "discovering" why they were called Indians but it doesn't really matter I suppose. Anyway, Fabio has school today because with our brand new high school school this year and having to get all of our schools moved around they started late and are overlooking some of the "holidays" to get back on-track for next year,

I am still really stuff-up so if the blog is sub-par today I will blame it on being too early, having a headache and me being stuffed-up. Just like Columbus I have to have excuses ready on stand-by.

Sir Paul McCartney got married again this past weekend. He always seems like a decent fellow to me. Actually all of the Beatles seemed like pretty good guys considering that at one time they were "more popular than Jesus." I guess popularity and decency can go hand-in-hand; Jesus was supposed to be a pretty decent fellow too and I guarantee that he was at least as decent as Jesus. I wonder why Sir Paul feels like he has to be married? I have always thought if anything happened between Cha Cha and I that I would remain alone. I guess I don't really know if that would be true but I cannot imagine being with someone else. Paul probably felt the same when he was with Linda. In Paul's case maybe all he needs is aloha.
until big business/government gets their hands on it
I heard on the very very very early news this morning that they are cracking down on medical marijuana in California. Apparently some people are abusing their medical marijuana licenses/business. And that is a surprise? "Where there's marijuana there's money. And lots of it," said Melinda Haag, U.S. Attorney for Northern California. "People are using the cover of medical marijuana to make extraordinary amounts of money. In short, engaged in drug trafficking." I am guessing that the real reason behind the crack-down (pun intended) is that somebody is making money and some people want the money to be their money. I have opinions about the legalization but I have opinions on both sides of the issue. I think that I lean toward simply legalizing marijuana so maybe some other industries can be started to maybe help our dying economy. I am not smart enough to know the answer but something needs to be done. I am sure if it became legalized the government or the tobacco industry or some organization(s) would get their greedy hands on it and it would just create more graft and problems. Man, I am bitter at 3:00AM when I am all stuffed-up.

Have a great day. I am going to try to go and see if I can figure out how to get unstuffed (TWSS). I am coughing now too so maybe I am getting sick or dying. I wonder if Cha Cha would get remarried? I doubt that she would - I think I am pretty-much spoiled that whole institution for her. Maybe she and MADYM would just go and travel for the rest of eternity - that's what I would wish for them. Just don't automatically assume that wherever you land that the people should be called Indians. We have GPS and Google... now so you have no excuses. I will let you know when the podcast is edited and ready for your consumption. Thanks you for stopping. It always makes me happy that maybe I put a smile on your face. TTTT...MITM (out) CIAO!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment