Saturday, June 19, 2010

Wanted: One World Cup Soccer Horn!

I am just now getting around to blogging today...sorry. I don't think people read as faithfully on the weekends anyway so I hope no one missed the blog too much to this point.

We had a baseball game this morning. After the storms in the Middlewest last night I would have bet against it. I was throwing batting practice at 8:30 and I had to go to Wal-Mart (ka-ching) before that to get more Gatorade (ka-ching). I should have gone to IKEA so I could have said ikia-ching! Our game started out kinda stormy as we gave up five runs in the first inning against the Sycamore Phillies. Turns out these guys, like the Sycamore Dodgers, were huge too. I am thinking Sycamore school lunches must have more growth hormones in them than Dekalb school lunches. So, once we settled-in (awesome sports cliche'), we chiseled away at the lead and then they'd score a few more but in the bottom of the 7th inning (we only play seven) they were up 16-14 and we came back and won 17-16...it's nice being on the opposite end of one of these squeakers for a change. One of the parents said my blog will have a happier undertone since we won; she's probably right. Sugar Momma was overheard sayin "now he won't be so crabby this afternoon." I thought she was referring to me but as it turns out she was talking about Sparky.

Sugar Momma says I should blog funny anecdotes and things about being unemployed. I'm trying to think of funny things about being unemployed but nothing comes to me. I'm sure I will think of some in the booby-hatch. Maybe an adult lemonade stand would be funny. I got an email from one of those job-search sites that I should sign-up to sell Avon. Maybe I should sell Avon thought Pampered Chef seems more my style. Would anybody buy Avon from me? They have dude stuff too I think. Okay, one of my new missions is to put a humorous spin on unemployment.

I finally worked out again yesterday after about two weeks. I had been lifting and toting things up and down stairs and digging this and hauling that so I guess I was exercising with different-shaped weights... I thought my workout would be very unpleasant since I have not doing it recently but it wasn't too bad. I guess the things I was doing were really working out without working out. The workout actually seemed a bit easier. Maybe I was over doing it before?

Yesterday we got our weekly weather micro-burst. The clouds over our house were several different colors of gray and black and red and they were spinning and hanging down. And then the rain came and guess who had clothes on the line. Yes, that's correct....Doofus Blogrectus me. I got the laundry in before the sky totally let loose. The storm was pretty bad with wind speeds upward of 70 miles an hour. At one point I saw a huge green flash of lighting. I found out this morning that an electrical transformer not far from our house went kablooey so that was probably the green flash. Fortunately, we never lost power. I think if I ever become a super hero I am going to be called Green Lightning.

Do you have this same problem that I have? I was eating a pastrami sandwich (low-fat) and Baked Lay's (ka-ching). They both tasted great so I had to decide which one I wanted to be my last bite. If there is one food that I like more than the other I will end with that food but this was a tie. I put the last chip between the bread of the last bite of sandwich and ate them together. It did not taste as good as either one separately. Never again! Next time I will end with one or the other and live with my decision.

Whatever happened to birthday spankings? What were birthday spankings about anyway? What a crazy tradition. They will not be missed.

I am addicted to World Cup Soccer. I watched quite a bit of Netherlands vs. Japan early this morning and some of Cameroon vs. Denmark this afternoon. I love Cameroon's uniforms. I think they should have a coconut as their mascot so they could be the Coconut Cameroons. I think the real reason I like watching World Cup Soccer is because of the horns the audience members blow. It sounds like a constant buzzing of bees in the background. I find it very soothing. I need one of those horns. They look like you could probably get one at those carnivals that will soon be traveling throughout the Middlestates very soon.

Okay I have blogged (blabbed) enough for today. I don't know what time I will blog tomorrow. We are going to take my dad (and mom) out for breakfast for Father's Day. My mom has to be home by NASCAR time (oh, what the heck, ca-ching). I think Ruby Tuesday (ca-ching-arino) serves breakfast now but if they don't we will be at I-Hop (bada-ching)...I will eat healthy at either place; I am getting very good at that. So, if you need me tomorrow about 9:00 - 9:30 try Ruby Tuesday or I-Hop Oswego.

I found my camera (and my watch) so I will show you something odd I found while cleaning up the party in tomorrow's blog...I know, you can hardly wait. Blog you later. One Blog Y'all.

** world cup soccer horn blown for 90-minutes straight (no joke here) from kfrog.radio.com **

No comments:

Post a Comment