Tuesday, June 29, 2010

All You Need To Know Today!

I wasn't going to do a blog today but it's my therapy and maybe some people actually look forward to it; at least that's what I delusionally tell myself so I will write one. Since you're reading this now know that I wrote it for you specifically.

I am kind of getting bummed out about not working. I make more money on unemployment than I would at most jobs I would take but that will eventually end. I am looking for work consistently but maybe I have been too picky. Steve Carell is leaving The Office after this season maybe I should apply for his job. I am sure my excellent blog-writing talents would make me a tremendous writing asset to one of the world's most popular and well-written television shows. I have had a job like Michael Scott's most of my adult life so that's no stretch. I'm kind of a boob like Michael Scott and I prefer the people to the work. Hey, wait a minute, I think the Michael Scott character was based on me...is there a lawyer in the blog? What am I saying? Of course there's a lawyer in the blog...most of the top minds in the world read this blog...you're reading it aren't you?

I gave blood yesterday at the Heartland Blood Center in Dekalb. I had my choice of a coupon for a free pint of Ben & Jerry's or Oberweis ice cream. That was in addition to the free bottle of water and mini bag of pretzels I got after donating. We don't have an Oberweis too near us so I took the Ben & Jerry's. They must have a low-fat something don't you think? I am not a huge ice cream fan really but my family loves it so they can have it. Give blood...it took less than a half-hour and it's recycling (your blood) and I'm probably saving a life right now as I blog.

After giving blood I stopped at BioLife Plasma Services which is across the street from Heartland Blood Center to see what that was about. Their place was packed compared to three people at Heartland. I found out that you get paid to give plasma and you can donate two times a week because plasma replenishes very quickly in your body. That's why they were packed - real ca-ching! Most of the people in there looked like college students...probably donating plasma for drinking money. Plasma is used as the base for many life-saving therapies and medicines. I made an appointment for August 30th because you have to wait at least eight weeks after giving blood; I guess I should have stopped there first. The first appointment is supposed to take about three hours because the initial donation includes a physical examination to make sure that you're worthy. I just like to help but if I get cash instead of Ben & Jerry's - bonus!

Last night, before baseball (we won), for dinner I made guacamole, cilantro corn-on-the-cob and shrimp tacos. I also made a new corn salsa. When we were boating in Wisconsin last summer the best sister-in-law in the whole Middlewest (Kara) was making this corn salsa stuff and Sugar Momma really liked it. I didn't really pay very close attention but I am a cooking scientist and love to invent and refine other recipes so I made my version and I will add my recipe over there ----> when I am done posting this. Do as I do - add,subtract,change,refine... make the recipe how you like it. I am a vegetarian now so I will probably make this recipe ten different ways this summer so we don't get tired of it.

Thursday night Sugar Momma and I are going to my old high school (Oswego High School for those of you keeping score at home) to see a drum and bugle corps show. I spent most of my youth playing various percussion instruments in Fox Valley Raiders Drum & Bugle Corps. We practiced all winter and traveled throughout the country (mostly the MIDDLE part of the country) all summer long. Some of the people I spent most of my youth with will be there; I am very excited to see them. I was always one of the younger ones and it seemed to be a bummer when we were kids but now I bet it will be a bummer to them that they are older...one of life's great equalizers. I wonder if when we're done watching the show if we should all get on a bus together, stop off at a fast food joint and then go sleep on a school gymnasium floor for old times' sake? Good times, good times. << in the photo I am the one second from the left in the first full row behind the tympani (kettle drum for you non-percussion nerds) - this was an early photo - we got larger >>

Well, for not going to write a blog today I sure got bloggie with it. Thanks to those of you who do read this and get some enjoyment out of it; I appreciate you very much. I will probably blog again tomorrow. Have a great day! Now I'm off to do my Bloggie-Do list..Bloggie Doobie Do!!!

** michael scott photo down-sized from kevinliebl.wordpress.com and biolife graphic drained and recycled from lacrossloggers.com **

No comments:

Post a Comment