Saturday, June 12, 2010

Insert Your Own Clever Title Here!

Today is ground zero for the early summer. When this hectic day is done it should be smooth sailing from here on out. Actually, when we get to 2:00 PM I will become Cabana Matt and it's clear sailing 'til morning. Thursday and yesterday were jam-packed from pre-sunup to way past sundown. Why are there 10,000,000 people at Wal-Mart at 10:00PM on a Friday? Is that the new shopping mall on payday? Today is already started with last-minute graduation party prep and then baseball in Kirkland for the boys at 11:00 with the party starting at 1:00. I don't know who ended up getting invited and who did not but if you were missed it was an oversight caused by madness and come to the graduation party 1:00 - 6:00 PM today in the MIDDLE of the cornfield. That's why they call it an open house...if you forgot to invite someone it's their fault not your!

Hey, maybe I will start eating right again tomorrow. I have strayed and I need to get back to what got me to where I am now.

If we ever sell our house (when we move down-island) we should have an actual house open-house while we are having an open-house neighborhood party. No, maybe not! Have you ever heard about people hiring actors to portray neighbors or paying neighbors to look happy and neighborly when they have people coming to look at their house? I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand it seems like false advertisement but on the other hand maybe we shouldn't assume...no neighborhood looks like the town in The Truman Show (Seahaven).

I would be remiss in my duties as a Middlestate Interstate driver (yes, Hawaii...INTERstate) if I did not report that Thursday when we went to Middlewaukee to see the Brewers beat the Cubs gas prices near the Wisconsin border were cheaper (as always). $2.69 in Dekalb and $2.55 near the border. WTF (why the face)?

This graduation party set-up has been more stress-free than I thought it would be. It has been a lot of work but things that we probably should have been doing in the yard anyway. Hard work usually gives you something to focus on so you don't worry and stress I think. I guess we may finally be over that hump in our lives where we worry so much about things like this. The thing I worry about today is that it's going to be hot and humid and I am going to have trouble keeping a barrel of beer cold. Even rain may help to keep the beer cold. Do I switch my dry dance to a cool-front dance and chance the rain? I am Don Cornelius your Soul Train weather dance conductor! It's Weeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaather Dance!!!!

Sorry that the blog today seems to be singularly-focused. The blog usually consists of the scattered ramblings of my brain and my brain has been too preoccupied to scatter. The scattering begins in 9 hours...come to the party so I can write about you tomorrow. It's better than yesterday's blog since there wasn't one yesterday due to business. Actually, yesterday's was probably more thought-out and better written.

Well this is short and sweet but I have to do the stats from Friday night's double-header (we split) and do the line-up and batting order and then go get ice and head to the thriving metropolis of Kirkland, Illinois to face an undefeated baseball team that has been winning most games by the slaughter rule. Actually, this makes it less stressful. We don't expect to win, none of the fans expect us to win and if we do it's a HUGE win and if we lose it may be by the slaughter rule so we get out of there sooner. I would love to win though...just now thought game at 11:00...I better make extra Gatorade (ca-ching).

Have a great morning. I hope to see you on Mattgarita Island sometime later today or tonight. Either way I will probably blog you tomorrow though it may be later than usual.

** truman show photo stolen from fanpop.com **

2 comments:

  1. Have a great day. Congrats to Chloe. Say hi to all the Grange Ct. and Rd. neighbors. We miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie we miss you guys too. Not to make you feel bad but you and Richard would have loved the party...maybe next time (your place or ours?)

    ReplyDelete