Thursday, June 24, 2010

They Call Me "Doctor Blog"

Top of the morning to 'ya (unless you're reading this later and then "Top of the whatever time of day it is to 'ya")!

The violent storms that rolled through our part of the MIDDLEwest last night seem to be on coffee break as "they" say the storms may be returning tomorrow. Sugar Momma and I just went on a morning walk and one nice thing about storms rolling through is that it is very pleasant out right now. I can feel that once the sun decides to change moods, it will be humid today. I love how the radio stations all play what you should do in case of a tornado over and over. We live in the Middle of the country - we know the drill (pun intended). If you don't know what to do or choose not to do it during a tornado that's called "thinning the herd" and it's important for our species to progress.

Sugar Momma and I decided that we are vegetarians now. I had been a vegetarian a while back and I lasted for about two years until one time I drove by a White Castle and that Crave deal they talk about swept over me and I buckled and the car veered to the drive-through. The drive-through is probably the worst invention ever for health! Splenda has been a vegetarian for four years because she is a bleeding-heart like me. She has had her commitment tested but she is very strong-willed. I partially did it for the love of animals but it was probably an equal combination of that and the health issues. We are going to still eat fish at this point but Sugar Momma informed me this morning that she is going to eat white meats. So, I guess she's going to eat chicken and pork too. Not at dinner time she isn't unless she makes them herself. Last night I had put the potatoes in the oven before the tornado siren went off so they cooked while we were in the basement. I am one who would much rather be outside watching the storm but I need to set a good example for my son. If I die no big deal but if something happened to one of the kids because of me I'd just die (ironic isn't it). Anyway, I put chili-lime rub on the outsides of the potatoes and peeled two onion and put them on top and baked them while we were downstairs. When we emerged from the Mattcave I rubbed a salmon with pot-latch seasoning from William-Sonoma (ca-ching). Thank you to my great friend Mary for turning us on to that seasoning several years ago. For Father's Day I got a bag full of William-Sonoma goodies (mainly spices and such). I grilled the salmon and watched the storm off to the east. Just topped my potatoes with mango salsa - much better than butter and/or sour cream. It was fabulouso!

Sugar Momma's brother is in good physical condition and has been since I have known him. He has always had high cholesterol, however, and has taken medication for it for as long as I can remember. He is very physically-active; it's just hereditary it seems. He became a vegetarian, maybe last year, and now, for the first time since I can remember, his cholesterol is where it should be. Diet and proper nutrition is huge! Since I have lost all of my weight I don't think I have been sick to the point where I couldn't get out of bed one time. Some of it has to do with the better physical condition I am in, I'm sure, but I also know there is not the same day-to-day stress I had when I was working at a job that I hated. Mental and physical well-being are paramount in what we are (thanks for that morsel of knowledge that Captain Obvious).

I already have the line full of clothes to dry in the wind/sun this morning and it is Farmer's Market day. Hopefully someone will want to ride their bike there with me but, if not, I will spend the time alone with my best friend Roz.

I am mentally developing a new product called "BP TP" (patent/trademark/copyright). I am not sure exactly what it is going to be, which is why it's in development, but it will somehow combine the Gulf disaster with cleaning your bottom. Cleaning the bottom of our country while cleaning your bottom. (This is a commentary on the location of the oil-spill (bottom) and makes no aspersions on the region or the people of the south.) All the profits will go to help the families impacted by the Gulf oil spill disaster. Maybe toilet paper lightly coated with baby oil or something? I'm like Bill Blazejowski (Michael Keaton) in "Night Shift."

"What if you mix the mayonnaise in the can, WITH the tunafish? Or... hold it! Chuck! I got it! Take LIVE tuna fish, and FEED 'em mayonnaise! Oh this is great...This is Bill. Idea to eliminate garbage: edible paper. You see, you eat it, it's gone. Eat it, it's out of there!" Billy Blaze was an "idea-man."

Mahalo for letting me think I am making a difference. I appreciate it. If anyone wants to bicycle with me downtown to the Farmer's Market to see if the tie-dye is back I will be peddling probably around 11:00 AM. Maybe we can have our own little bicycle gang with leather jackets (no, too hot). Blog you later storm chaser!

** bill blazejowski photo love -brokered from adamcarolla.com **

No comments:

Post a Comment