Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Possibly My Final Words!

I'm glad I got the lawn mowed yesterday. Now it will rain for two days and I can mow it again on Friday. While I was mowing yesterday I was listening to Roz's "island music" play list and the Magnum P.I. theme song came on. I had downloaded it for Splenda's 16th birthday party a couple of years ago (it was a murder-mystery party so we had detective/spy music playing at the beginning). While I was listening to the song I couldn't help but think about the similarities between Thomas Magnum and myself. He drove a red Ferrari 308 GTS (humungo-ching) and I push a red Toro 22" Recycler (ca-ching). He wore a Detroit Tigers' cap which is the exact same logo for Dekalb High School and I wear baseball caps all the time (though I was wearing my Brokeback hat when I thought of this). Two syllable first and last names (Thomas Magnum - Matthew Helser). Women really dug him and women seem to be able to tolerate me. We have both been to Hawaii. We both have hairy chests and like to be around water. Facial Hair. Hawaiian shirts. He's good looking and I'm not completely hideous. We were probably separated at birth. "Are you Tom Selleck?" "No, but I get that all the time." I guess there's rumors of Matthew Mcconaughey playing Thomas Magnum in a Magnum P.I. movie...don't even get me started on my similarities with him...it's eerie.

When my brother was here from Hawaii he said that they are remaking the television show Hawaii 5-0. I didn't watch the original, though I saw it occasionally, as I was pretty young but I suppose I would watch the new one if there is one. Seems like a good show for TNT or FX or one of the millions of stations we seem to have now. I didn't check this rumor because he is from Hawaii and I'm sure he knows.

I have been getting calls from my former customers regarding problems they are having with leaky basements. It's nice to me missed I guess but it's also nice to appreciate the stress I left behind. One of my specialties at the company I formerly worked for was foundation waterproofing and basement leaks. Now that it's the rainy-season I think they are seeing how I spent most of my time - customer service. Customer service doesn't seem to be the priority it should be in the housing industry. That's probably true in most industries I suppose. Maybe I should start my own basement waterproofing consulting firm. I certainly have the experience and knowledge. The former customer this morning picked my brain and was going to pass on what I said to his builder. I may go and visit his builder with him on Friday in the Southern Suburbs and he will "buy me lunch." There's no such thing as a free lunch! Could I trade the lunch for what's behind curtain number one and a chance at winning fabulous cash and prizes?

Can vampires see the reflection of their clothing in the mirror? Maybe when people think they see ghosts they actually see reflections of a vampire's clothing in the mirror. I would like to believe in ghosts and think it seems cool but I don't think I do. Vampires, however, that's a different story. I am pretty much a skeptic on most things but I love to be wrong on just about everything I am skeptical about. People have said I hate to be wrong. Oh contraire. Okay maybe I do hate to be wrong...who likes to be wrong? So, I guess I was wrong about not liking to be wrong.

Last night after our baseball game (11:00 PM) I watched the DVR recording of Hell's Kitchen. I have watched this show since it's beginning and I love Gordon Ramsey. I love to cook and I like to see people get yelled at when they deserve it. Every single season I have wondered..."self, does every chef in the world smoke like a chimney?" During their down-time they ALL smoke. Is it so they cannot taste the food so they won't become over-eaters and gain weight? But, conversely, how can they know if their food taste's right if they cannot taste? Shouldn't a chef have a "spot-on" palette? Next time you're in a restaurant and your food doesn't taste right ask the server if the chef smokes but it will be rhetorical, of course.

I need to get a Hell's Kitchen sign for my kitchen with the pitchfork in the MIDDLE.. of the words "HELSER'S KITCHEN"

Well, I better get this posted before the tornado arrives and that way I can have posted my "last words"... If I keep blogging for the rest of my life, be it twenty minutes or 70 years, my blog may be considered my "last words." Whoa! I better take what I blog more seriously. No, actually I do take it seriously even though it's mostly nonsense but, remember, the people who discovered gold had to pan through a lot of muck to discover those few nuggets (trademark/copyright/patent) ...good luck finding my nuggets. Do you think people would be kinder if they thought that every time they spoke those could be their last words?

Have a great Hump Day. Mahalo for visiting and Aloha! Blog you later.

** thomas magnum photo quid pro quo'd from wolfgnards.com and hell's kitchen photo taken it's jacket off of topnews.in **

No comments:

Post a Comment