Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I Wanna Blog on the Drum All Day!

It's Tuesday already? It was worth a try.

Already a busy day. I went and got fuel for the lawnmower (we use fuel not gas because I mow so quickly and regular gas cannot keep up with my legs). I took the two tent frames I broke down yesterday from the party / tornadic wind storms to the recycler. Turns out they were steel, not aluminum, so I still got to recycle them but they paid nothing. My work outs must really be working because I bent that steel with my bare hands (pay no attention that they are thin hollow tubes). Sparky and I continued recycling day as we went to $1.00 clothing item day at Goodwill. As many things of ours as we donate you'd think I'd see some of our old clothes there once in awhile but I never seem to see them. There were no "Where's The Beef" items there Beefy...just so you know I am still checking for you every time. Now I have to mow the yard and continue the laundry, including the "new" clothes, before the next wave of of Mid-West storms arrive from Kansas (or Iowa) so I can hang them outside.

While you're doing what you do today make sure you continue to bang the drum. Today is Todd Rungren's birthday. Roz has that song in her repertiore so I will make sure she plays that while we're mowing.

I received a Facebook message my friend Stacee with a link attached showing a new clothing item on the market. The new item, called Camelflage, is an undergarment designed to hide camel toe. I am not going to explain what camel toe is here but I assume if you read my blog you know what camel toe is. I am sure, if not, you can google it with no problem. I need to find something to invent an item like this for. I bet you this item will sell like crazy and then there will be the large companies making it soon too. The link to this is pretty funny and I will add it to the "suggested links" list over there ---> in case you need a moose chuckle.

Another new item I heard about this morning on the news is called the "Trapster." It is a Smartphone (ca-ching) application that drivers can use to alert one another of: accidents, delays, speed-traps... When did the police become our enemies? I know it was before Drew Petersen but at what point did we want to help drunk 18-year-olds (extreme example to illustrate my point) be alerted so they can stay on the streets and maybe kill someone down the road because of their reckless speeding? I am as guilty as everyone and I am grateful when someone flashes their lights when I am speeding with police radar looming ahead but that's me...I'm Matt in the Middle. I guess your mentality changes when you get to the Middle of your life and you have kids. I am an Old Fuddy Duddy or a Middle Fiddle Diddle I guess.

Sugar Momma, Splenda and Sparky went to see Toy Story 3 last night. I stayed home and did a couple of hours of baseball paperwork. I will try to have a review of theirs up in the next day or two (maybe tonight though we have a game).

I guess there were people (grandparents) criticizing my coaching Saturday. I "should have sent (so-and-so) home" or "that guy should have scored coach" kind of things. I don't hear them during the game because I am trying to teach their kids and grandkids good sportsmanship and the proper way to play and respect the game and their opponents. They also don't seem to realize that there's a lot going on all the time and sometimes 13 and 14-year-old boys don't hear you or are afraid to go home when they think they'll be out even if we tell them to. I have also told the players to use their own judgments in close situations. I will continue to do the right thing by the kids and the team and if someone wants to coach I will be happy to let them and I will pay them 100 times my coaching pay. What is 100 x zero again? Oh, by the way, we came back and won the game since that is what seems to have been their main concern. I probably would not even have known about this if it hadn't been for calls from other parents saying how great they think I am with their kids and that they are very happy that I am their coach; I appreciate those calls and sentiments...thank you.

Another bumming piece of news for just about all of us...Michael Jackson's estate has made over a billion dollars since his death. Good for his family and yes, he was incredibly talented but send it to the Gulf or spread some to the Middle..I'm not too proud to take a $1,000,000 hand-out when you're ready (even $100,000 but that's my final offer).

Have a great "Bang On The Drum All Day" day. Blog you again tomorrow.

** clara peller photo stolen from screwedus.com, camelflage photo mistakely taken becuase I didn't see it from nld.com.vn and old people playing baseball balked from insidesocal.com **

No comments:

Post a Comment