Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Today In Middlewest History!

Rise and shine. It's time to Head to O'Hare (ORD) again. This time to put my brother on a plane back to Hawaii. I'll start this episode of Matt in the Middle now and finish it when I get back.

Sugar Momma took vacation time for the graduation party...and today is her last day off. Yesterday we went to see a movie and I will review Get Him To The Greek today and post it over there ---->. For the first time in my movie reviewing history I will also get Sugar Momma's insight for my review. Also, as an added bonus I will try to get a review of The Karate Kid from my 13-year-old son and translate it over there too ----->. He and a friend saw that while Sugar Momma and I saw Get Him To The Greek.

I am back from the airport...did you miss me? I'm like Samantha Stevens (okay, Uncle Arthur, whatever). I was in Oswego at 4:30, at O'Hare at 5:20 and I'm back home at 7:14...not too shabby methinks. I am pretty tired, however. Our baseball game got done last night a little before 10:00 and then we went to Dairy Queen (ca-ching)...I had nothing. I'm just the money-man. We won our game 7-2. Sparky (my new blog name for my son - added in the bloggssary over there ---->) was the starting pitcher and went 5 innings only giving up one run on an error. It was a fun game and the temperature was so there was no sweating and no bugs...my kind of weather.

President Obama is giving an Oval Office speech tonight regarding the Gulf oil spill. While I was toodling around the MIDDLEwest this morning I heard the pre-dawn talk radio shows blabbing about BP and how there is now hatred and bashing aimed at the British people. That's ridiculous. BP hasn't gone by the name British Petroleum since like 1998. Would the rest of the globe hold it against the United States if American Airlines or U.S. Steel had a similar problem? I imagine there are some short-sighted people who are holding the entire British Empire responsible for this and those are always the types of people who are the loudest. Let me just say...fish & chips, The Beatles, Princess Diana, the Mini Cooper, Austin Powers...the Brits have done a lot for us as we have for them...so, "oh behave!"

On the way to the airport it was funny listening to my brother talk about the rush-hour traffic in Honolulu. Dude, there are more people on Chicago's roads during one morning's rush-hour than there are people on all of the Hawaiian Islands combined at high season (whatever that means though I think it means tourist season). He was at the Blackhawks Stanley Cup parade. Did he not notice one billion people there? There were more people there than McDonald's (ca-ching) has served. Just because we're Middle don't make us out to be small and weak...WE ARE THE MIGHTY MIDDLE and we will not be trifled with!

Who lives in restaurants? How can something be considered homemade if it's made in a restaurant? I suppose some are homes to rats and cockroaches but I wouldn't advertise that. Is this "The Shoemaker and the Elves" deal where elves live there and make things while the restaurants are closed? So technically food made in a restaurant can be homemade? Or, do the chefs and cooks make the stuff at home and bring it in so it's homemade but not homeserved? Maybe places like I-Hop (ca-ching) and Denny's (ca-chingaroo) that are open 24 hours a day are homes to travelers and vagrants.

Okay...off to see if I can sleep a bit before Sugar Momma, Splenda and Sparky get up. It seems like I have an affinity for the letter "S" doesn't it? Hmmmm, what's that all about? Thank goodness I'm not Cindy Brady..."baby talk, baby talk, it's a wonder you can talk." Sugar Momma and I may try again to go to Morton's Arboretum if the rain holds out...don't do a dry dance for us because you're not very successful at those.

Later I will post the Get Him to the Greek and The Karate Kid reviews so read the Letters To Juliet and Robin Hood reviews right now before they are gone (you can access them through past blogs, however). Have a great Humpty Dance Day and I'll blog you later taters!

** get him to the greek photo furry-walled from filofilia.com and austin powers shagged from bestweekever.tv **

No comments:

Post a Comment