Friday, June 18, 2010

Peace, Love and Wellness!

They say never blog angry or something like that but I am going to throw caution to the wind and do it anyway. I will show the experts that they have no idea of which they speak.

Last night we played baseball against the Sycamore Dodgers. Every player on their team was the size of Mark McGuire and Barry Bonds in their "home-run" days. When I say "home-run" I mean "juice." I am not suggesting that anyone was "juiced" just remarking on their hay-bailing sizes. We were winning in the last inning 10 - 7. They got a couple of guys on and then I saw the first home run I have seen this season. I think it's still going. They tied it up and scored the go-ahead run and we couldn't catch up in the bottom of the inning because, of course, they made two great defensive plays in the bottom of the last inning too. We lost 10- 11. That's baseball. We play the Sycamore Phillies tomorrow and I guess they are really good too. Michael Cera, Cera or Que Sera, Sera or whatever fits more appropriately here.

The Los Angeles Lakers won the NBA Championship last night and in true Los Angeles style the streets of L.A. turned into riots. What in the heck is that all about? If these cities and teams cannot control their fans I think they should be denied post-season play. It's always the same cities. The Chicago Blackhawks just won the Stanley Cup and there was no violence or riots attributed to their win that I heard of and I am within an hour of Chicago. This is why I am proud to be a MIDDLER (let's call Detroit "north"). I have always been a passionate fan and person but I have been taught good sportsmanship in winning and losing. This is what I try to instill in players I coach and when I play. There may be a riot going on in my head and in my heart but I keep it contained within the bounds of my body. Put some of that energy into cleaning up the Gulf oil spill. Wasn't there a famous saying that came from L.A., "can't we all get along?"

While I was at the funeral the other day I noticed there were no fans to cool the place. I suppose that's because old people are always cold and most of the people at church are older. It's amazing how we find religion in the dusk of our days. For a guy who rarely talks religion that's two days in a row; actually this was more of a commentary on old people and being cold but the vision came to me in church. Great, I go into a church and now I'm seeing visions. That's how they get ya. What was in that incense?

If anyone is looking to get your father something nice for Father's Day I would suggest not buying him anything because most dads have everything they need. I have always thought that the best gift to give someone is good memories. Family, friends, health and memories are the only things we have when you get right down to it. That's what Kodak (ca-ching) is hoping for anyway.

I have come across a great blog you should check out if you're concerned with health issues; which MIDDLER isn't? It's the blog of Jennifer St. Martin and she covers everything health-related and seems very committed to helping people so they can go on experiencing and giving good memories. Her blog is honest and easy to follow (you know it must be if I can understand it). It is called "Fenix Wellness" and you can get there by copying and pasting the handy link to follow (I don't know how to create a hyper-link yet)- http://fenixwellness.wordpress.com/. I have included the link in the suggested links section in the margin (over there ---->) too. I do not know Jennifer personally but I asked her permission to promote her blog after I became aware of it and she is very nice and knowledgeable and passionate to help us all. She's the real deal! The only negative I see is that she isn't in the MIDDLE USA. Jennifer, as of today you are an honorary MIDDLER and we offer you the key to the region or section or mentality or whatever we are...welcome!

I went to the Farmer's Market in Dekalb yesterday. I love the Farmer's Market. When we were in Hawaii one of my best memories (though there were hundreds) was going to the farmer's market in Kailua Kona. I still wear a bone Hawaiian fish hook around my neck every day that I got at that outdoor craft fair / farmer's market. Every time I touch it I think of family and friends; the memories I was just blogging about. I will blog you why maybe tomorrow because this blog is getting away from me again...darn blogs! My favorite booth at the Dekalb Farmer's Market since I have been for the last few years is Sunny Day Bakery. They are a vegan couple (with a new baby) that make granola, and cookies and breads... I almost always get some granola and last time I got a jalapeno and vegan cheese bread that was awesome. They usually have a tie-dye tent but yesterday the tie-dye part was missing. I wonder if it's because Dekalb is a conservative town when the Northern Illinois University students are gone? I love tie-dye and what it represents to me but some people may be against peace and love... though I cannot IMAGINE! The booth was still in the same spot at the market but I missed the tie-dye. I hope the tie-dye is back next week; I know I will be.

Well I've blogged on long enough and have lots to do today. Have a nice Friday and I'll blog you tomorrow. :) Namaste!

** - que sera sera graphic stolen (and I will deal with the consequences) from dontpaniconline.com & rodney king graphic got along from lauriekendrick.files.wordpress.com **

No comments:

Post a Comment